• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WVCDL forum

twoskinsonemanns

I can't seem to get activated at WVCDL forum. If anyone here is active over there can you find en email address for a moderator?
I originally signed up April 21, 2012, never got activated. Tried again a couple weeks ago. I also sent an email to jmullins@wvcdl.org about it and PM'd Jim Mullins through this site. I understand these guys can be busy but I think something else must be up for it to take this long.
If anyone has an email of a mod besides Jim please PM me.
Thanks!

boutaswell

It took me 2 weeks. I finally got in by re-registering. While that forum has some great CC info, it really seems dead to me. Opencarry WV has a lot more action it seems.

ArmedSociety

A lot of the discussion that used to be on the forum has moved to the Facebook page. A few people have tried to jumpstart it but the sad fact is a lot of people get tunnel vision in Facebook and forget the rest of the internet exists. I don't have that problem myself because I can't stand Facebook.

I do check the WVCDL FB page using someone else's account (just to keep up with things) and I've cross-posted from it before. Maybe I'll start doing that more and liven it up a little.

boutaswell

I can really understand the Facebook deal. There for about 8 months I was on there everyday at least a dozen times and then it was like, :eek: I only need to talk once in a while. Now I get on there maybe once a week. Trouble is, I've got about 6 forums I log on to now.:banghead:

twoskinsonemanns

It took me 2 weeks. I finally got in by re-registering. While that forum has some great CC info, it really seems dead to me. Opencarry WV has a lot more action it seems.

Yeah I re-register but got nothing. I gave up . It really must be dead.
Oh well. I don't think there is a lot of OC support in this state. Kind of a bummer. Hopefully the Wheeling law suit will set somethings straight and spark some interest.

IWLAFART

Wvcdl forum

Yeah I re-register but got nothing. I gave up . It really must be dead.
Oh well. I don't think there is a lot of OC support in this state. Kind of a bummer. Hopefully the Wheeling law suit will set somethings straight and spark some interest.

The WVCDL Forums are no longer active. Jim Mullens our past president is deceased. You send an e-mail to info@wvcdl.org or find us on facebook. You may share this information
Our president is keithmorgan@wvcdl.org.

ArmedSociety

Unfortunately that is not an option with Facebook.

If you join the email list, you can at least get the word on upcoming events and legislative happenings. Just go to http://wvcdl.org/ and enter your email address in the box on the right.

TFred

I don't suppose it would be possible to set the FB page to allow us to view without signing into FB would it? I absolutely will not join FB at all. Hate that place. I would however like to be able to see what is going on over there from time to time.
Just a thought... you don't exactly have to "sell your soul" to join Facebook.

Go set up an e-mail account at one of the free sites for just this purpose. Sign up for Facebook. Use a pseudonym. Don't do anything other than "Join" the WVCDL group.

No harm, no foul. If all you ever do is visit that one page, the odds of you being harmed by anything from Facebook are very small.

TFred