• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW holders: How long did it take?

hhofent

Sioux county, iowa. I walked in at 11:30, said I wanted a ccw, took my picture, by 11:45 I had one.

Sent from my SCH-R680 using Tapatalk 2

cabledawg

Mine took almost the entire 45 days. Military with a clearance.

My civilian wife got hers in a week. Same office, same clerk, same time of year just a year later than mine.

CornfedinOhio

Mine took almost the entire 45 days. Military with a clearance.

My civilian wife got hers in a week. Same office, same clerk, same time of year just a year later than mine.

That's interesting, a friend of mine is a retired Ranger. He put in 30 years of service. He went to purchase a hand gun and it took a week to pass the NICS check. I'm a nobody and my NICS took less than 5 minutes.

ShootinRugers

That's interesting, a friend of mine is a retired Ranger. He put in 30 years of service. He went to purchase a hand gun and it took a week to pass the NICS check. I'm a nobody and my NICS took less than 5 minutes.

When I retired after 21 years service I was delayed when purchasing firearms for close to 5 years. My employer ran a background on me when I was hired in '98 and it took well over 45 days to come back.

I have a theory as near as I can figure talking to a lot of people it was because I didn't have much of a paper trial.

I never lived in one state or country more than 3-1/2 years; always on base.​
The only monthly bills were cable and phone.​

My state of legal residence didn't require I renew my drivers license unless I was in state more than 30 days.​
My license expired in '82 and never got a new one until '98.​

My state of legal residence didn't require I fill out state income tax forms unless I was in state more than 30 days.​

I always had my state of legal residence license plates since I could do it though the mail.​

The company that ran the background check couldn't even verify that I even lived in Florida or North Carolina. My room mates were already there when I moved in so I just paid them cash for my 1/2 of the phone and cable.

My wife never had an issue with purchasing a firearm or any of her background checks anywhere we lived. I always thought that was interesting.

Dave Workman

Interesting conversation and it ties with my Examiner column today (5-14)

Ohio CCW trend follows national trend; press continues disconnect

Today’s report by the WBNS News in Columbus, Ohio and the Associated Press that the Buckeye State has more than 16,000 new concealed carry licenses in circulation this year reflects a national trend that includes Washington.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ohio-ccw-trend-follows-national-trend-press-continues-disconnect

And with all of these newly armed people in our midst...the violent crime rate and homicide with guns still is going down. :banana: