• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW holders: How long did it take?

Noel Avenelle

From application to the call, how long did it take them to figure out you're not a criminal and give you your permit?

I've been waiting a week now, and I can't imagine that my background check would take anything near this long.

JmE

It's been so long ago, I'm not 100% sure. However, people have been getting theirs in 3-5 working days in the county from which I received mine. I believe mine was in that time frame but no more than a week or two. They currently only charge $55 and take the photo for you. We have a pro-constitution sheriff. :)

Noel Avenelle

It's been so long ago, I'm not 100% sure. However, people have been getting theirs in 3-5 working days in the county from which I received mine. I believe mine was in that time frame but no more than a week or two. They currently only charge $55 and take the photo for you. We have a pro-constitution sheriff. :)

Wow, what county is that if you don't mind?

twoskinsonemanns

45 days... and I already have a federal security clearence from my work.

Don't hold your breathe.

It's funny. I don't think they are quite related but an FFL once told me every single transfer he does for someone with a clearance gets bumped to the "additional review" status.

funny

Hareuhal

From application to the call, how long did it take them to figure out you're not a criminal and give you your permit?

I've been waiting a week now, and I can't imagine that my background check would take anything near this long.

Eight days. I went to Portage county, within 8 days my permit was in my mailbox.

ZeroC

Franklin county 26 hours for me, and 28 hours for my buddy who applied the day before me. Though they are scheduling appointments about 2-3 weeks out.

CornfedinOhio

I got mine in Holmes county. I passed my class Sunday. Went to the Sheriffs office 8 am Monday morning with no appointment. I got the call Tuesday morning 10am.

Tapatalk requires no training for things like spelling, accuracy, clarity, cohesiveness or manners.

AlienJohn

Franklin County Ohio

Franklin county 26 hours for me, and 28 hours for my buddy who applied the day before me. Though they are scheduling appointments about 2-3 weeks out.

I just called for an appt here in Franklin County this morning and they gave me an appt 4 weeks out. I called back 10 minutes later and asked if I could come in and just wait in case someone didn't show and they told me to come on in. There was no one in line when I got there and in under 10 minutes I was out of there. They were extremely fast and nice about it. I was told I would receive a call in "1 to 45 days" to pick up my permit.:eek:

I'll check back in and let you know how long it took.

JB in Columbus OH

AlienJohn

OK, Here's the skinny about Franklin Co Ohio

I just called for an appt here in Franklin County this morning and they gave me an appt 4 weeks out. I called back 10 minutes later and asked if I could come in and just wait in case someone didn't show and they told me to come on in. There was no one in line when I got there and in under 10 minutes I was out of there. They were extremely fast and nice about it. I was told I would receive a call in "1 to 45 days" to pick up my permit.:eek:

I'll check back in and let you know how long it took.

JB in Columbus OH

As you can see from my above posting I applied yesterday around noon,
I got my call at about 9am this morning. Grand total wait time was 21 hours.
I have nothing bad to say about the process in Franklin County except the parking
downtown was a bitch.
Take care.
JB in Columbus

insane_ai

Filed in Erie County

I filed at the sheriff's office in Sandusky on Monday, got the call that my permit was ready on Thursday, picked it up on the next Monday.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Hamilton County

Went in at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. It was in my mailbox at 10:00 a.m. Thursday. I'm sure it would have been ready for pick-up Wednesday if I got it in the mail Thursday. I called them and thanked them for good turn around.

JSlack7851

I filed at the sheriff's office in Sandusky on Monday, got the call that my permit was ready on Thursday, picked it up on the next Monday.

Right, ours in Erie County don't get sent in the mail, we have to pick 'em up. I seem to remember it took a few weeks on my last renewal. This is the first I've ever heard of someone getting it in a couple of days. They must not of been too busy.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Right, ours in Erie County don't get sent in the mail, we have to pick 'em up. I seem to remember it took a few weeks on my last renewal. This is the first I've ever heard of someone getting it in a couple of days. They must not of been too busy.

...I mean no disrespect, but little old me has rocked the local politicians boat to the point that when I talk they do listen...
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...cle-on-interaction-with-law-enforcement/page4

Like I said....:)

Kuncapher

new to forum,

I just did my interview on march 21, 2014. today is march 30th, and i havent heard nothing yet. maybe this week ill hear something.