• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky / Western WV - WTB SIG P226 Grips!

neuroblades

This might not be the appropriate place for this posting but I'm looking to deal as local as possible.

I'm looking for a couple of items:

1. A set of SIG P226 Blackwater Magwell or TacOps Magwell grips.
2. Either SIG or Mec-Gar stamped, 20 round magazines that are factory AFC.

If anyone has either of these items, place post back.

Thank You.

Last edited:

langzaiguy

Isaac said that the administrators enforce the rules so liberally, that we don't have to follow them anymore. Apparently if you cite rules in here you're some sorta *****.

09jisaac

No, I said that you are not the owner or the enforcer. The owner seems to think of the rules logically.

You do not get brownie points for posting the rules, if you think the rules have been violated report it to someone who does enforce them.

langzaiguy

Haha I don't think of myself of an enforcer or as accumulating brownie points. I tried my best not to sound like a pric but I guess I failed. None of us have the rules memorized, so for educational purposes it's helpful to bring them up from time to time when appropriate.

86 slo-vo

Forum rule # 10:

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).

Yea....because that's who we should be supporting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

09jisaac

Haha I don't think of myself of an enforcer or as accumulating brownie points. I tried my best not to sound like a pric but I guess I failed. None of us have the rules memorized, so for educational purposes it's helpful to bring them up from time to time when appropriate.

I guess we both sounded a way different than our intents. My apology good sir.

Also, the ads are how he gets revenue to pay for the site. Not only are the ads supporting google ads (if I am not mistaken he switched to direct businesses' ads) but supporting this forum.

neuroblades

OK, I've been watching my post here and letting things ride but after some thought I've decided to speak my mind on all this.

It's pretty damn pathetic when we, as members, can not come to our central "meeting place" and post that we're simply looking for some gear and IF anyone happend to have it or knows where it can be located, to please SIMPLY post back. With the minor exception of the "WTB" in the header, there was NO PLACE where prices were mentioned, or statements of sale were implied!

Had I come here posting the I had "X gun" and I was looking to sale it, then and ONLY THEN could I have seen this type of display taking place!

I had no intentions of "running a deal" in the forum, just simply trying to find some gear on a more local basis in an attempt to keep the "gun money" closer to home.

In closing, if some folks have or had an issue with that then tough! I make NO APOLOGIES fore nothing wrong was done!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I'm here, I'd like to remind everyone that's interested:

Ashland EKOC Meet & Greet - June 23rd, Golden Corral @ 12 noon
Prestonsburg EKOC Meet & Greet - July 7th, Pig in a Poke @ 12 noon

I look forward to see everyone and hopefully we'll have some new faces in Prestonsburg! :)

Oh wait, should I have run that on Google Ads as well? *LMBO*

EOL

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member

Who is in bed with whom is not the point. What you or I think of Google is not the point. What you or I think of the Federal government is not the point. The owners of this website have asked us to do a few things and to not do a few things while using their property. I only pointed out one of the things they have asked us not to do. I intend to respect their request. I only wanted you to be aware that the request existed.
You may do as you think best.

I did not refer to your post whatsoever in my comment. I stated my thoughts on google and the government because of what another poster stated. What google and the government do was the point of MY post, which had nothing to do with forum rules or the way they do business. I was expressing my opinion of Google, and how that relates to anything regarding this forum is beyond me.

Last edited:

neuroblades

langzaiguy

Wow! I had been wondering about why half way through my internet gun shopping/research "google shopping" it didn't return any results. I find logic like this baffling. You would think that a function such as "google shopping" would want to encourage shopping. Locally, our chamber of commerce has distributed "no firearms" signs to several local businesses. You would think that our chamber of commerce would want to, well, encourage commerce.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Wow! I had been wondering about why half way through my internet gun shopping/research "google shopping" it didn't return any results. I find logic like this baffling. You would think that a function such as "google shopping" would want to encourage shopping. Locally, our chamber of commerce has distributed "no firearms" signs to several local businesses. You would think that our chamber of commerce would want to, well, encourage commerce.

It is extremely odd huh? The firearm's industry is one of a handful of industries that have not suffered due to the reccession, their profit margins have actually risen quite dramatically. Where are you located? I find it odd that your local COC would give out "no firearms" signs, being as we can just ignore them, making them pointless in our state. Some people just never fail to amaze me, but that's government, there isn't much they do anymore that does amaze me.