Thread: OC in Blowing Rock or Boone area

OC in Blowing Rock or Boone area

Will be vacationing in the mountains soon. Any OC'ers in the area or any experiences there?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    I'll be vacationing there soon myself.

For security reasons, I don't want to post dates or specifics, but if you PM me ...

Been there a couple times but have never OC'd so I can't speak to that, just be aware that Appalachan State University is located in Boone and its pretty easy to drive onto the campus inadverdantly. Lovely area. You should enjoy it alot.

definitely check out West Jefferson if you haven't already.
    I've never OC'd there though, but Ken56 is right, it is very easy to end up on App State campus without meaning to.
    Last edited by gsxrman; 06-25-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks. I've OC'd in the area several times (I vacation there each year), but mostly conceal because I'm not really familiar with the area. Would love to do an OC meetup, though.

Thanks for the info, I will test the waters.
    Last edited by 62 Caddy; 06-26-2012 at 06:44 PM.

bone is about like most towns in NC they are carry friendly, to an extent. do be careful about campus property since it is a misdemeanor to go on to campus. it is a felony if you are connected to the university.

blowing rock on the other hand is a very progressive place and i have OCed there but you never know. there is no carry in parks, even against the state law
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    bone is about like most towns in NC they are carry friendly, to an extent. do be careful about campus property since it is a misdemeanor to go on to campus. it is a felony if you are connected to the university.

blowing rock on the other hand is a very progressive place and i have OCed there but you never know. there is no carry in parks, even against the state law
    Is that a Blowing Rock ordinance? We want to attend the festival on Saturday - no admission is charged - and know we can't carry at the parade.

There's also a concert in the park one of the nights we're there

haven't been there since the ordinance change, but it is my understanding that they declared all of the parks "athletic" areas.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.