• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Blowing Rock or Boone area

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I'll be vacationing there soon myself.

For security reasons, I don't want to post dates or specifics, but if you PM me ...

Ken56

Been there a couple times but have never OC'd so I can't speak to that, just be aware that Appalachan State University is located in Boone and its pretty easy to drive onto the campus inadverdantly. Lovely area. You should enjoy it alot.

gsxrman

definitely check out West Jefferson if you haven't already.
I've never OC'd there though, but Ken56 is right, it is very easy to end up on App State campus without meaning to.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Thanks. I've OC'd in the area several times (I vacation there each year), but mostly conceal because I'm not really familiar with the area. Would love to do an OC meetup, though.

papa bear

bone is about like most towns in NC they are carry friendly, to an extent. do be careful about campus property since it is a misdemeanor to go on to campus. it is a felony if you are connected to the university.

blowing rock on the other hand is a very progressive place and i have OCed there but you never know. there is no carry in parks, even against the state law

Tess

Founder's Club Member
bone is about like most towns in NC they are carry friendly, to an extent. do be careful about campus property since it is a misdemeanor to go on to campus. it is a felony if you are connected to the university.

blowing rock on the other hand is a very progressive place and i have OCed there but you never know. there is no carry in parks, even against the state law

Is that a Blowing Rock ordinance? We want to attend the festival on Saturday - no admission is charged - and know we can't carry at the parade.

There's also a concert in the park one of the nights we're there

papa bear

haven't been there since the ordinance change, but it is my understanding that they declared all of the parks "athletic" areas.