• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Shows Anyone?

1supra

Is anyone attending the upcoming gun shows? There is one this weekend at the Freedom Financial Center and one July 7th and 8th at the Event Center at Rustic Hills. I don't think your allowed to carry in there but always fun and sometimes expensive to go to.

Deserteagle8338

The last 2 Tanner gun shows Ive attended have disappointed me. I will not be wasting my time at gun shows anymore.

Bellum_Intus

I don't think I'll be hitting any shows this year .. Not sure yet. I end up going, paying to get in, walk around listening to ppl make fun of my 92FS and beating their chest about how they can 'shoot the ass out of a gnat at 1200 yards' .. mmhmm..

I think I'm an idiot magnet at gun shows for some reason.. hah

--Rob

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I have never been to a gun show ever. Not even once. I am given to understand that most of them around these parts prohibit carrying of a handgun at their locations anyhow, and I just can't wrap my mind around the notion that I should be required to part with my gun to visit a gun show. Same goes for gun shops.

There are several gun shops in town where you are more than welcome to visit and shop while carrying as usual, and they'll get my patronage.
If I am wrong in my understanding regarding gun shows, I am accepting of correction. But on the bottom line, I don't know anybody who went to a gun show and came away with a significant bargain that would beat the local gun shops.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

mobiushky

Howdy Folks!
I have never been to a gun show ever. Not even once. I am given to understand that most of them around these parts prohibit carrying of a handgun at their locations anyhow, and I just can't wrap my mind around the notion that I should be required to part with my gun to visit a gun show. Same goes for gun shops.

There are several gun shops in town where you are more than welcome to visit and shop while carrying as usual, and they'll get my patronage.
If I am wrong in my understanding regarding gun shows, I am accepting of correction. But on the bottom line, I don't know anybody who went to a gun show and came away with a significant bargain that would beat the local gun shops.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
I read the rules for the Tanner. You could bring a gun, but it had to be cleared and have a lock on it. So yeah, not really "carrying."

PFC HALE

Last tanner gun show i went to, i got there just after someone was "accidentally" shot. i think it was last year bu i figured i dont need to go in there that time. I find that gun shows are good for accessories, parts eetc etc but buying guns or ammo you get what you pay for. Ammo i dont trust at gun shows, never know what you are getting.

I dont mind going to them though if i have the time. I have fond memories of the large gunshows my father and i would annually go to down in daytona at the dog track, god they were huge, all day and not get to see everything.