• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Curious as to any OCers around Springfield/Greenbrier?

RikuNoganashi

Hello everyone, Im waiting on my permit right now, just wondering if there were any of you that carry regularly in Springfield/Greenbrier area? I see a lot for Nashville and other larger metro areas, but Im curious about the OC experiences around this area? Any stories, good or bad, would be appreciated. I have a FireStar M43 nine mill personally, and that will most likely be my everyday carry. Thanks in advance for anything you have.

Glock1930

I CC/OC in Greenbrier/Springfield

I haven't had any bad experiences up this way yet. I get some interesting looks though. Only had my permit for a couple months. The only place I even know of that is posted is the YMCA & it's not even a legal posting. Shhhh! I work in Nashville and I can't say that anyone really pays attention anywhere that I do carry. I have an owb holster and just cover it with my shirt. Most of my shirts do not cover the entire holster. I don't go out to intentionally OC but I don't try to hide it either. I do OC when I see beggers & bums around. Mostly at gas stations & stores close to work in Nashville. The clerk at the gas station near my house OC's while he's working. I have heard it's kinda normal around hear to see people out and about with guns. For me it's too uncomfortable with an iwb holster. I did kinda get a good long stare from a Robertson County Sheriff in Springfield at a gas station over this past weekend. I made sure to let him see it was definitely a gun sticking out of my shirt. I dunno if he was trying to figure out if I was a cop or what. If anyone knows any place around here that is posted please let us know so we can stay away. I have CC/OC to, O'Charley's, Ablebee's, Walmart, mexican place beside Walmart, Lowe's, Verizon, Mcd's, Kroger & several other gas station and stores up here.