Thread: Update. Judges react to DA's petition to carry gun at work. Vielmetti, MJS

Herr Heckler Koch

Update. Judges react to DA's petition to carry gun at work. Vielmetti, MJS

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/159446185.html
    Tom Sheehan, the spokesman for the courts system, released this statement:

"Winnebago County Circuit Court Judges and our law enforcement partners have a duty and obligation to ensure that everyone participating in a court proceeding has a safe and secure environment in which to settle a dispute.

"The first step in fulfilling that obligation, and in assessing safety and security threats in a courtroom, is for judges and law enforcement to be aware of who is carrying a weapon during a proceeding.

"The order approved unanimously by the Winnebago County Circuit Court Judges applies equally to everyone who enters a courtroom during a proceeding."

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    So according to their quote, open carry should be a-OK in their courtroom for anyone legally able to carry a handgun?

Herr Heckler Koch
    Thank you. I didn't see that in that sense. But I doubt it. I'll send a note to the DA involved.
    The first step in fulfilling that obligation, and in assessing safety and security threats in a courtroom, is for judges and law enforcement to be aware of who is carrying a weapon during a proceeding.

"Winnebago County Circuit Court Judges and our law enforcement partners have a duty and obligation to ensure that everyone participating in a court proceeding has a safe and secure environment in which to settle a dispute."

Not according to Warren v DC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_...ct_of_Columbia