• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Incident at Ace hardware

P95

OR,,,,

"Don't worry Ma'am, the ONLY TIMES I Ever remove this gun from my holster is to clean it, for target practice or to kill something. Fortunately, for YOU, I met my quota for ALL 3 just yesterday afternoon !" :p

peace&rkba4ever!:cool:

I hope you are kidding....

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I have the "facts"....she stated she didn't feel safe. You are speculating and trying to read minds my friend. You are spinning it to justify your belief instead of looking at the facts.

Can I ask how you can verify that the statement this woman made is indeed a fact? Have you spoke with her personally and visited this issue concerning her supposed fear of firearms? Have you ever studied psychology? If you have studied Psychology, which is a required course for many college degrees (which you obviously have since you have slandered others concerning the issue), you would know that the average human psyche is programmed to instigate a response from others. You would know that the FACT in this situation is the lady saying she is afraid of firearms, which in no way implies that she is telling the truth simply because this statement left her mouth, therefore you have no way of determining whether her statement was indeed factual. Based on my experience with these matters, I would guaruntee this woman does not fear firearms at all, but rather fears someone who is willing to exercise their rights and not relent to pressure from society. Perhaps she has no fear of anything, and she is a type of individual who uses lies and deceit to instigate problems because she does not agree with the right to bear arms. However we look at this situation, there is no way of knowing if her supposed fear of firearms is a factual fear. The woman simply made a statement, and that in no way makes it a factual statement. If everyone told the truth everytime they opened their mouth this world would be a much different place.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I thought we were in a discussion...who said anything about arguing? If you have any "facts" please state them. Again.....leave speculation out of it.

Again, the only fact we have is that a lady stated she was afraid of firearms. We have no way of knowing if she was indeed telling the truth, so all that is left to do is specualte.

Can I ask why you believe it is ok to traumatically attack someone with such horrendous statements just because they made a somewhat rude statement about you? Can we not be the bigger person here? Also, I must admit that your comments before F350's were rather rude. Someone with such a short fuse might be placing their self in a bad situation by carrying a deadly weapon. If you were in the same situation I have a bad feeling it would not have went as well. Each and every one of us represent the entire gun community, which means we need to be respectful and speak with professionalism and courtesy.

P95

Can I ask how you can verify that the statement this woman made is indeed a fact? Have you spoke with her personally and visited this issue concerning her supposed fear of firearms? Have you ever studied psychology? If you have studied Psychology, which is a required course for many college degrees (which you obviously have since you have slandered others concerning the issue), you would know that the average human psyche is programmed to instigate a response from others. You would know that the FACT in this situation is the lady saying she is afraid of firearms, which in no way implies that she is telling the truth simply because this statement left her mouth, therefore you have no way of determining whether her statement was indeed factual. Based on my experience with these matters, I would guaruntee this woman does not fear firearms at all, but rather fears someone who is willing to exercise their rights and not relent to pressure from society. Perhaps she has no fear of anything, and she is a type of individual who uses lies and deceit to instigate problems because she does not agree with the right to bear arms. However we look at this situation, there is no way of knowing if her supposed fear of firearms is a factual fear. The woman simply made a statement, and that in no way makes it a factual statement. If everyone told the truth everytime they opened their mouth this world would be a much different place.
The "facts" we have to go by are the ones stated in the article....and YES....I have studied in-depth for over 8 years at the university level, and have taught psychology for 19 years....and no, I will not debate the issue further...it is futile.

P95

Again, the only fact we have is that a lady stated she was afraid of firearms. We have no way of knowing if she was indeed telling the truth, so all that is left to do is specualte.

Can I ask why you believe it is ok to traumatically attack someone with such horrendous statements just because they made a somewhat rude statement about you? Can we not be the bigger person here? Also, I must admit that your comments before F350's were rather rude. Someone with such a short fuse might be placing their self in a bad situation by carrying a deadly weapon. If you were in the same situation I have a bad feeling it would not have went as well. Each and every one of us represent the entire gun community, which means we need to be respectful and speak with professionalism and courtesy.
I went back and reread my posts before 350 decided to insult me...not one rude statement. You must think that if someone disagrees with you...they are being rude. I encourage you to show me the post.

hermannr

I have OC'd for over 40 years, and while I attempt to stay aware of my surroundings, I do not go out of my way to check out how other people react to my carry. I go about my business as if I had a cell phone in my holster (i don't own a cell phone) rather than a pistol.

I think the OP did just fine. If the person actually spoke directly to me, I would be polite, otherwise, I think it is best to ignore ignorance and intolerance.

Act and feel like what you are doing is 100% legal, no different than carrying a cell phone.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

Act and feel like what you are doing is 100% legal, no different than carrying a cell phone.

Great analogy - spot on. Add a generous portion of situational awareness and go about your normal everyday routine.
icon14.png

KYGlockster

Activist Member
The "facts" we have to go by are the ones stated in the article....and YES....I have studied in-depth for over 8 years at the university level, and have taught psychology for 19 years....and no, I will not debate the issue further...it is futile.

Not FACTS, just mere observations! For someone with a Master's Degree you sure have an odd way of conducting yourself.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Some of the dumbest people I know try to pawn themselves off as Doctors of something other than medicine.

I must agree with you. One of my worst experiences ever was with a landlord who falsely claimed to hold a Doctorate Degree. He was also practicing a form of medicine with no license and committing tax fraud. Go figure.

Manzanita

There's a common malady that affects many university faculty. I see it all the time.

Academentia: The state of being for a person in higher education where they lose touch with all semblance of reality.

Last edited:

beakman

easy explanation?

I've thought more than once that it would be nice to have a business card size handout to give people that explains open carry law for Kentucky. Something simple that just outlines the law, and explains why open carry shouldn't be seen as a threat (thugs don't open carry, etc).

I've seen something similar the folks in Pennsylvania use, but it's a card that tells a business "we are honoring your ban of carrying concealed weapons, but will no longer be bringing ourselves or our money into your establishment either until you lift your ban". It's worded a lot nicer than that, though.

Has anyone ever seen such a thing? I do graphics work and have access to cheap printing, so if anyone cares to come up with the appropriate wording (or knows of some that already exists), I'd be happy to design and arrange production of them.

In this case I would have handed a few to the manager on the way out, perhaps suggesting he read it and pass one along to the "scared" customer. The more folks that know and understand the law, the fewer issues we'll have. And heck, there will be more people open carrying as well. Domino effect!