• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armored car job reviews

Sorcice

Anyone work for or know someone working for loomis, brinks or any other armored truck service? I was thinking about applying but was looking for background on the employers.

protias

Kind of crap pay if you are in the suburbs, really crap pay if you go into the ghetto.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

It's a McJob, better only than flippin boogers at McDonald's, for getting to the next one.

I wuz listening to a "professional employment consultant/head-hunter" caller to a radio talk show that recommended not hiring unemployed postgraduate job seekers for their evident ignorant error in selecting their job field and preparation.

Sorcice

Thanks. I just read a few reviews online. Apparently loomis is now owned by securitas. I won't ever work for them. They are absolutely horrid to work for(first hand experience).

Blast Chamber

I spent 18 months working for such a company 10 years ago after I was downsized. It paid the bills (barely) and I enjoyed the work, but it isn't for everyone. You can PM me if you want.

GreenCountyPete

It's a McJob, better only than flippin boogers at McDonald's, for getting to the next one.

I wuz listening to a "professional employment consultant/head-hunter" caller to a radio talk show that recommended not hiring unemployed postgraduate job seekers for their evident ignorant error in selecting their job field and preparation.

that seems rather short sighted , as was my brothers case and the case of many engineering students that graduated in 2008 and 2009 they were hiring mechanical engineers when he started on the program , he did well , had internships at a few well known manufacturers did well with them , then the economy went in the crapper , nothing was being built , little was being designed , they were laying off long time engineers and not looking to hire any.

he found a job , just not as a mechanical engineer

RugerMan

Not the best line of work

Anyone work for or know someone working for loomis, brinks or any other armored truck service? I was thinking about applying but was looking for background on the employers.

I worked for Dunbar Armored in Boston for a while. And I was surprised to learn that the pay is half that of a UPS or FedEx driver. In my experience it was really quite boring. If you're interested in a delivery job, go with an express carrier. Being around large sums of money quickly loses its appeal, especially when you compare it to you own pay check.

If you like the idea of being in a rolling, bouncing safe all day, go for it.

It really is a McJob. They will hire nearly anyone with firearms experience with a clean criminal and driving record.

And as I understand it, the reason for the crap pay is due to the fact that no armed Currier provides any better or worse service than another. It's pretty much a commercial commodity service, so they only way to gain clients is to undercut your competition. Which of course means the company, and their employees make less.

One of the main reasons I left was my desire to be more efficient didn't mesh with most of my daily partners. The model of most of my coworkers was "Take your time for overtime". Mine was, let's get done so I can go home.