• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oh boy, I feel indoctrinated now!

Noel Avenelle

My first LEO experience, coming out of a Krogers.

He called me over, and said he expected I have a CHL, which I told him a CHL was not required to carry like that. Nothing too bad this time, just kinda talked, he said I really shouldn't do that with out a CHL, inducing panic, mass hysteria, dogs and cats playing together. You know, the kind of stuff they foretold in Ghostbusters, but because of my holstered gun. I told him I've been doing this for over a month now, and haven't had any mass hysteria yet.

He did not demand ID, nor even my name. Didn't record it, even if I did it wasn't anything too interesting. We parted ways with a handshake and despite his attempts at scaring me into concealing, nothing was changed.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

You made it a consensual encounter by accepting his invitation to approach. Next time make him come to you.

MyWifeSaidYes

No. If the LEO starts out nice, you should follow up nice.

Just because you do not want your rights violated, doesn't mean you have to be militant during an encounter.

Just remember to reserve your right to switch to being 'difficult' if the LEO steps over a line.

I would say Noel got lucky by meeting a decent cop for his first encounter.

And he did a fine job.

Noel Avenelle

No. If the LEO starts out nice, you should follow up nice.

Just because you do not want your rights violated, doesn't mean you have to be militant during an encounter.

Just remember to reserve your right to switch to being 'difficult' if the LEO steps over a line.

I would say Noel got lucky by meeting a decent cop for his first encounter.

And he did a fine job.

Yeah, thanks. I don't see the point being militant to the cops if they aren't being jackasses. Being rude to them, as if I'm some much higher power because of my rights, will just get those rights regulated faster. He called me over, big deal.

The store I was at, one of my old high school friends works at, and he was there. He actually talked to the cop about it after I had left.

Conversation on his end went something like this (Quoted from a Facebook message):

He said it makes him nervous, went to check our company policy with my manager, hahaha. Hes like: "You know that guy?",
"Yeah he's cool, we went to High School together."
"Yeah, he seemed cool, makes me nervous though. What if an old lady freaks out because he's carrying?"

Unfortunately, the answer to his question of an old lady freaking out is a loud, resounding, "Who cares?" But oh well.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Yeah, thanks. I don't see the point being militant to the cops if they aren't being jackasses. Being rude to them, as if I'm some much higher power because of my rights, will just get those rights regulated faster. He called me over, big deal.

The store I was at, one of my old high school friends works at, and he was there. He actually talked to the cop about it after I had left.

Conversation on his end went something like this (Quoted from a Facebook message):

He said it makes him nervous, went to check our company policy with my manager, hahaha. Hes like: "You know that guy?",
"Yeah he's cool, we went to High School together."
"Yeah, he seemed cool, makes me nervous though. What if an old lady freaks out because he's carrying?"

Unfortunately, the answer to his question of an old lady freaking out is a loud, resounding, "Who cares?" But oh well.

Can't regulate rights...

And if granny is freaked out the cop was going to take you down. That statement says the cop does not get it.

OC for ME

There may be a time where you need a recording yet do not have a recorder running.

You are apparently properly prepared to defend yourself from thugs, yet are not adequately prepared to defend yourself from thugs wearing badges.

You can always delete the 'not interesting stuff' later.