Thread: Sky Diving Kind of OT

Sky Diving Kind of OT

Myself and some co-workers are planing on going sky diving Thurs the 21st. Anyone ever OC at 13,000 feet at 120 mph? (kidding, but it could set a Guinness Book of Record!) I'll probably just leave it locked in the car to eliminate any hassle. I have OC'd at an indoor rock climbing place before in Olympia without problem. (just a little challenge getting the harness over my gun) Anyway if anybody wants to join go to:http://www.skydivekapowsin.com, and select the 3:30pm slot. Week day rate $185. One more for the bucket list.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

I was usually at about 1,200 to 1,300 when OC'ing and parachuting.
    Hmmm... is it really OC when the weapon's encased in a M1950 Parachutists Weapons Case?

Kapowsin was a great place...although now they're not in Kapowsin anymore and the people have probably changed. My 2 cents: do accelerated freefall. If you're just checking it off the bucket list, ya might as well go all the way and do the jump by yourself! They still are with you during the freefall though, so no worries. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    I was usually at about 1,200 to 1,300 when OC'ing and parachuting.
    Hmmm... is it really OC when the weapon's encased in a M1950 Parachutists Weapons Case?
    Was that your only weapon? I carried several on jumps. Good on ya!! Fall
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Was that your only weapon? I carried several on jumps. Good on ya!! Fall
    I was the BN CMDR's RTO; who needs to carry another popgun when you can call in arty and air-strikes?

The Radio is the most powerful weapon in the inventory.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife725 View Post
    Kapowsin was a great place...although now they're not in Kapowsin anymore and the people have probably changed. My 2 cents: do accelerated freefall. If you're just checking it off the bucket list, ya might as well go all the way and do the jump by yourself! They still are with you during the freefall though, so no worries. Have fun!
    Kapowsin was a great place. The only time I actually got down there to jump though, Vicky Wery hit the ground from 9000 feet about 2 minutes before I parked my car. I never got back down there after that, though I jumped at Issaquah for a few years longer.

I agree with Ski, consider the accelerated freefall. Personally for myself, I could never step out the door of an airplane without my own 'chute on my own back with my life in my own hands. But whichever you choose, it sure is fun Enjoy yourself!

......and get a good retention holster if you decide to go for the record
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

OK, I did it! I couldn't carry anything, but I did sport my WA OC T-shirt. What a rush, 150 mph at 13k feet.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Did they provide you with pictures or a DVD with this? Congratulations! Fun stuff
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

My daughter took some pictures. They charge an extra $100 for photos.

I can see another "Sport" developing. First the plane makes a run over some uninhabited area and drops helium filled balloons. The balloons are weighted so they sink toward the ground rather than flying upward. On the second pass the plane drops the 'chutist' who then attempts to shoot the balloons on his way down. Only one shooter in the air at a time and the plane gets the heck out of the area as quick as possible. Object would be to get all balloons before they reach the ground. As the shooter (shootist/chutist) gets better and gets them all, the game moves to the "Handicap Phase". The weight on the balloons is increased so they sink faster. That way the shooter has to fall faster in order to get the first balloons.

Does anyone else see possibilities here?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    I can see another "Sport" developing. First the plane makes a run over some uninhabited area and drops helium filled balloons. The balloons are weighted so they sink toward the ground rather than flying upward. On the second pass the plane drops the 'chutist' who then attempts to shoot the balloons on his way down. Only one shooter in the air at a time and the plane gets the heck out of the area as quick as possible. Object would be to get all balloons before they reach the ground. As the shooter (shootist/chutist) gets better and gets them all, the game moves to the "Handicap Phase". The weight on the balloons is increased so they sink faster. That way the shooter has to fall faster in order to get the first balloons.

Does anyone else see possibilities here?
    Release the balloons from the ground (remotely controlled for safety). The shooter is falling, the balloons are rising...
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.