• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sky Diving Kind of OT

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Myself and some co-workers are planing on going sky diving Thurs the 21st. Anyone ever OC at 13,000 feet at 120 mph? (kidding, but it could set a Guinness Book of Record!) I'll probably just leave it locked in the car to eliminate any hassle. I have OC'd at an indoor rock climbing place before in Olympia without problem. (just a little challenge getting the harness over my gun) Anyway if anybody wants to join go to:http://www.skydivekapowsin.com, and select the 3:30pm slot. Week day rate $185. One more for the bucket list.

skiingislife725

Kapowsin was a great place...although now they're not in Kapowsin anymore and the people have probably changed. My 2 cents: do accelerated freefall. If you're just checking it off the bucket list, ya might as well go all the way and do the jump by yourself! They still are with you during the freefall though, so no worries. Have fun!

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Kapowsin was a great place...although now they're not in Kapowsin anymore and the people have probably changed. My 2 cents: do accelerated freefall. If you're just checking it off the bucket list, ya might as well go all the way and do the jump by yourself! They still are with you during the freefall though, so no worries. Have fun!

Kapowsin was a great place. The only time I actually got down there to jump though, Vicky Wery hit the ground from 9000 feet about 2 minutes before I parked my car. I never got back down there after that, though I jumped at Issaquah for a few years longer.

I agree with Ski, consider the accelerated freefall. Personally for myself, I could never step out the door of an airplane without my own 'chute on my own back with my life in my own hands. But whichever you choose, it sure is fun:) Enjoy yourself!

......and get a good retention holster if you decide to go for the record:monkey

amlevin

I can see another "Sport" developing. First the plane makes a run over some uninhabited area and drops helium filled balloons. The balloons are weighted so they sink toward the ground rather than flying upward. On the second pass the plane drops the 'chutist' who then attempts to shoot the balloons on his way down. Only one shooter in the air at a time and the plane gets the heck out of the area as quick as possible. Object would be to get all balloons before they reach the ground. As the shooter (shootist/chutist) gets better and gets them all, the game moves to the "Handicap Phase". The weight on the balloons is increased so they sink faster. That way the shooter has to fall faster in order to get the first balloons.

Does anyone else see possibilities here? :):)

ak56

Campaign Veteran
I can see another "Sport" developing. First the plane makes a run over some uninhabited area and drops helium filled balloons. The balloons are weighted so they sink toward the ground rather than flying upward. On the second pass the plane drops the 'chutist' who then attempts to shoot the balloons on his way down. Only one shooter in the air at a time and the plane gets the heck out of the area as quick as possible. Object would be to get all balloons before they reach the ground. As the shooter (shootist/chutist) gets better and gets them all, the game moves to the "Handicap Phase". The weight on the balloons is increased so they sink faster. That way the shooter has to fall faster in order to get the first balloons.

Does anyone else see possibilities here? :):)

Release the balloons from the ground (remotely controlled for safety). The shooter is falling, the balloons are rising...