• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Virginia Tuck' as I know it

MagiK_SacK

So I am going to be in the Warner Robins area for this upcoming weekend. I have figured out that being military I do not need a CHP or GFL as I see you guys call it. Due to the fact that my ultimate destination is FL and my CHP is good in all states that I am traveling through, I will only be bringing my CC holster. Side bar, I really hate the fact that I am going to be forced to CC for the next two weeks, but I guess it's better than nothing. Anyways if I chose to OC while I am in GA I was curious if, what I know to be called the 'Virginia Tuck' , is considered to be OC. For those that don't know what I am talking about I have added a picture for an example.

VT.jpg

Kingfish

Georgia law makes no distinction between OC and CC. Carry literally ANY way you wish. OC in the hand is even legal (but not advisable).

IANAL YMMV

aadvark

MagiK_SacK:

Being in The Military is a Double-Bonus!

You Qualify under Georgia Code 16-11-130 to be Exempt from The Firearm Carring Provisions of Georgia Codes 16-11-127 through 16-11-127.2!

Therefore, You can Literally Carry anywhere that You Wish other than: 1. The Actual Georgia Capitol Building AND 2. Behind The Guard Line of a Penal Institution.

aadvark

Last edited:

rmodel65

MagiK_SacK:

Being in The Military is a Double-Bonus!

You Qualify under Georgia Code 16-11-130 to be Exempt from The Firearm Carring Provisions of Georgia Codes 16-11-127 through 16-11-127.2!

Therefore, You can Literally Carry anywhere that You Wish other than: 1. The Actual Georgia Capitol Building AND 2. Behind The Guard Line of a Penal Institution.

aadvark

why would the capitol be off limits? and the guard line isnt either...they would still not be able to carry at polling locations or federally off limits areas

smn

I've had no problems with the VA tuck method when my only holster was the super tuck. The WR area is OC friendly (except for the malls).

I'm guessing if you assert your lawful status to carry in the Capitol your next pcs may be Alaska, as something similar happened to gizmo at the Houston Co court facility in Perry.

MagiK_SacK

I've had no problems with the VA tuck method when my only holster was the super tuck. The WR area is OC friendly (except for the malls).

I'm guessing if you assert your lawful status to carry in the Capitol your next pcs may be Alaska, as something similar happened to gizmo at the Houston Co court facility in Perry.

If by WR you mean Warner Robbins then I wasn't greeted the same way you have been. I am I the Warner Robbins/Centerville area and my first stop while OC was at Target. I decided to use the VA tuck as my mode of carry. We got through our shopping, paid, put our bags in the van, and headed back into the store since my sister was shopping separate from us.

On our way back in I was flagged down by a woman flashing what looked like a detective badge but she was obviously off duty. She asked what was on my hip, and if it was real. She then told me I needed to cover up or leave it in the car. I explained that it was my right and I asked why I needed to keep it my car. I got the famous "because you are scaring people" response. I decided to be polite about it and said thank you for your opinion I'll be on my way now.

Then after finding my sister I noticed a good number of people with eyes on me watching my every move, including the "security guard". When my wife finally noticed it I pointed out everybody else who was watching and waved at the security guard just to say hi. On our way out the door the security guard asked me if I would cover up next time I came to the store so I politely tried to explain that it was legal to open carry, as well as my right. He came back with "you don't need to tell me what is legal, I know, I was a cop". I see why he WAS a cop. So again I ended with thank you for your opinion, I'll be on my way.

So two people in a matter of 10 minutes at the first public location. I was surprised. My sister told me she won't go anywhere with me now unless I am covered up lol. She doesn't care that I carry she just felt embarrassed. She kinda likes to blend into the background so being near me in the spot light she wasn't too excited about that.

aadvark

rmodel65:

Georgia Code Section 16-11-127(b)(8) Prohibits Carrying a Weapon or a Long Gun to or while at, in, on, or within 150 Feet of any Voting Precinct Location on Election Day.

Georgia Code Section 21-2-413(i) Mirrors The Prohibition set Forth under Georgia Code Section 16-11-127(b)(8).

However..., GeorgiaCode Section 16-11-130(a)(3) Specifies that The Prohibitions Enumerated under Georgia Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-127.2 do NOT Apply to, or Effect, Persons in Military Service with The State of Georgia or with The United States Federal Government.

The Orignial Post Author Indicated that He was in Military Service with The United States Government, therefore; He Qualifies under Georgia Code Section 16-11-130(a)(3) to be Exempt from The Restriction set forth under Georgia Code Section 16-11-127(b)(8).

aadvark