• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

June 24th Range day

Bellum_Intus

Hey all.

I need a headcount of people coming out on Sunday.
I have only one lane, so it may be more of a fun day than an all out shoot day.
My house is still being renovated (just finished installing the wood floor) so it's still a bit messy :p hope you dont mind! hah.

Things I need. (come early if you want to help)
1. I have about 100 sandbags needed to be filled
2. Need help moving a spool to the 100 yard line
3. Shade (bring some if you have it, I don't need you to leave it here! lol )
4. Additional target set up

Rules.
If you are coming, PM me and I'll send you links to the rules and waiver

Parking
There's 36 acres, I'm sure you can find a spot

Food
If you want food or drink, bring it.

Training
This is not a training session, it's a fun day, but I'll be happy to assist new shooters. I am not charging for the use of the range.

Targets and ammo
BYOT and BYOA. Cardboard is appreciated as well.. I have one left hah!

Safety
Medical help is 30 minutes away.. don't shoot each other or yourself ok?

Let me know..

--Rob

mobiushky

You know what? I just thought! I'm bringing my cameras. Pull yours out too, that goes for any and all who come out. More cameras = more better. Once I get all the footage from the day, I'll cobble together a video of some kind and send it to you. If for no other reason than to have it, but also you might even be able to put it up on YouTube and even use it for promotional purposes once you get your instructors certificate. Free advertising!

Bellum_Intus

Cameras are OK.. =) I plan on taking some pictures to share with people here.. never thought about a video, but that'd be cool too!

Supra, early, noon?

--Rob

Half Live

What time would be best to show up and help set up? Also, if I bring out the Mosin, would steelcore ammo be good?

Bellum_Intus

Tonight at the pistol.. ugh.. lol
10 rounds, 10 yards, 6 seconds..

rmb9mm1.png

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
The wife and I are thinking we'd love to attend and shoot a bit, but all we have are pistols.
100 yards seems a bit longish for pistol shooting! LOL!

But it does sound like a fun outing and we are going to discuss it today after work to reach a decision.

Your invite for folks to come on out is very nice of you and the sort of thing that helps promote gun ownership, shooting sports and open carry all at once.
Nicely done!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Bellum_Intus

Howdy Amigo!
The wife and I are thinking we'd love to attend and shoot a bit, but all we have are pistols.
100 yards seems a bit longish for pistol shooting! LOL!

But it does sound like a fun outing and we are going to discuss it today after work to reach a decision.

Your invite for folks to come on out is very nice of you and the sort of thing that helps promote gun ownership, shooting sports and open carry all at once.
Nicely done!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

I have a table at 10 yards too :p I'll be shooting a peestool myself for a bit..
Oh, but i am going to publicly embarass myself and try a 100 yard pistol shot.. (i've done it once before.. :p)
And.. thank you for the kind words

--Rob

1supra

I have a table at 10 yards too :p I'll be shooting a peestool myself for a bit..
Oh, but i am going to publicly embarass myself and try a 100 yard pistol shot.. (i've done it once before.. :p)
And.. thank you for the kind words

--Rob

I wouldn't mind trying pistol shots at various ranges... lol. We can stand in the back of my truck to get a more downward angle into the burm.. Can also use my truck to pull the cable spool.... lol. I like to work smarter, not harder.

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

We're still a go for the range tomorrow (24th) .

See some of you tomorrow morning into the afternoon.

Be safe and let's have some fun!

Bring WATER, food, shade and anything else you might need, it's going to be another hot day.

--Rob