Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L.A.I.D. Legally Armed in Detroit 2nd annual open carry dinner Monday, August 13

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

L.A.I.D. Legally Armed in Detroit 2nd annual open carry dinner Monday, August 13

http://laid2012dinner.eventbrite.com/

Our friend Rick Ector of L.A.I.D. and Rick's Firearm Academy is hosting the second annual open carry dinner. OCDO's very own John Pierce will be a keynote speaker along with
    Pastor Kenn VF Blanchard (Black Man With A Gun).

just click on the link if you want more details... they're all there. or you can read through this whole thread and look for the scattered details posted throughout. i say go to the source.

Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-30-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Let's all go down there and get ****.
    You really have no clue as to when you should shut the hell up do you.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-30-2012 at 02:07 PM.

HA! my theory is correct again.

I do believe I'll be going.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

see you there

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Exclamation Details, details, details...

We invite all supporters of freedom, gun rights, and Open Carry to attend Legally Armed In Detroit's (LAID) Second Annual Open Carry Dinner. The evening's festivities will feature admission to the venue, free on-site parking, a delicious dinner, live entertainment, and the benefit of hearing addresses from two well known national gun rights activists: Pastor Kenn VF Blanchard (Black Man With A Gun) and Mr. John Pierce (Founder of OpenCarry.org).

Last year's dinner did not feature any nationally recognized gun rights speakers and still managed to sell completely out of tickets. This year we made it a point to outdo last year's dinner. Pastor Blanchard's and Mr. Pierce's appearances will assure that. As such, tickets are limited and I am extremely confident that this event will sell out. So, if you desire to attend, buy your ticket now!

Pastor Kenn VF Blanchard Mr. John Pierce - Founder of OpenCarry.org

Persons who wish to pay in advance via cash can make an appointment with the event organizer, Rick Ector, by calling phone number 313.733.7404.

Do keep in mind that tickets bought at the door, on the day of the event, will be $40 per person. So, register early and reserve your seat at this historic event.

!!!Yikes! Is this being held at the Ritz? I can find no specifics on where exactly this is being held at? Help please??? My GoogleFu is off today.!!!
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 06-20-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Clicking the link in the OP gives this info:

The Upper Room
    23821 Grand River Ave
    Detroit, MI 48219

Monday, August 13, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (ET)

"I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Found it - No not at the Ritz. At the "Upper Room" Telegraph & Grand River Rds.

http://www.trulia.com/property/30804...troit-MI-48219

Being held at "The Upper Room Christian Entertainment Center " On Grand River Just off Telegraph Rd. in West side Detroit.

Sorry Stainless this appears to be priced way out of yours and some other's financial comfort zone.

Looks like this will be a good time for those who attend.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Clicking the link in the OP gives this info:

The Upper Room
    23821 Grand River Ave
    Detroit, MI 48219

Monday, August 13, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (ET)
    Thanks Fozzy. I fumbled upon it, but it took me a while. Man I'm getting old :P

Banned
    --Moderator edit--

Such postings hardly benefit the very public perception of OCDO.

Please do not continue to pursue this line of commenting as it distracts from the main, important mission of the thread.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-21-2012 at 09:20 AM.

I purchsed my ticket a few minutes ago, the cost is $25 right now via paypal for the early birds, after July 19th the price goes up to $35 and as stated before, if you wait to the day of the event, it will be $40 at the door. Don't wait to purchase your tickets if you are serious about attending.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    I got my tickets.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    See you there!
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

I bought my tickets last week

Anybody else going?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Anybody else going?
    Yes. I will be there! ;-)

John Pierce will be there...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Ector View Post
    Yes. I will be there! ;-)
    I'd have kinda figured

See you there!

i bought my ticket. only a couple days left on the early bird!

Bought my ticket. Hope to see many friends I know and meet new ones!
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Anyone from roseville, eastpointe, or st clair shores going so I can catch a ride?

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Anyone from roseville, eastpointe, or st clair shores going so I can catch a ride?
    I can likely arrange to swing by and pick you up if needed.

Rick, I haven't seen you since we kept bumping into each other in 2010 at the coffee shop. I'm eagerly awaiting this fine evening.

I can likely arrange to swing by and pick you up if needed.

Rick, I haven't seen you since we kept bumping into each other in 2010 at the coffee shop. I'm eagerly awaiting this fine evening.
    Booked my ticket. I will PM my contact info to you in the near future.

One week to go! Anyone else from here gonna make it?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    One week to go! Anyone else from here gonna make it?
    <-- is
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast