• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

L.A.I.D. Legally Armed in Detroit 2nd annual open carry dinner Monday, August 13

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
http://laid2012dinner.eventbrite.com/

Our friend Rick Ector of L.A.I.D. and Rick's Firearm Academy is hosting the second annual open carry dinner. OCDO's very own John Pierce will be a keynote speaker along with
Pastor Kenn VF Blanchard (Black Man With A Gun).

just click on the link if you want more details... they're all there. or you can read through this whole thread and look for the scattered details posted throughout. i say go to the source.

[h=2][/h]

Last edited by a moderator:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Details, details, details...

We invite all supporters of freedom, gun rights, and Open Carry to attend Legally Armed In Detroit's (LAID) Second Annual Open Carry Dinner. The evening's festivities will feature admission to the venue, free on-site parking, a delicious dinner, live entertainment, and the benefit of hearing addresses from two well known national gun rights activists: Pastor Kenn VF Blanchard (Black Man With A Gun) and Mr. John Pierce (Founder of OpenCarry.org).

Last year's dinner did not feature any nationally recognized gun rights speakers and still managed to sell completely out of tickets. This year we made it a point to outdo last year's dinner. Pastor Blanchard's and Mr. Pierce's appearances will assure that. As such, tickets are limited and I am extremely confident that this event will sell out. So, if you desire to attend, buy your ticket now!

Pastor Kenn VF Blanchard Mr. John Pierce - Founder of OpenCarry.org

Persons who wish to pay in advance via cash can make an appointment with the event organizer, Rick Ector, by calling phone number 313.733.7404.

Do keep in mind that tickets bought at the door, on the day of the event, will be $40 per person. So, register early and reserve your seat at this historic event.

!!!Yikes! Is this being held at the Ritz? I can find no specifics on where exactly this is being held at? Help please??? My GoogleFu is off today.!!!

Last edited:

fozzy71

Clicking the link in the OP gives this info:

[h=2]The Upper Room
23821 Grand River Ave
Detroit, MI 48219[/h][h=2]Monday, August 13, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (ET)[/h]

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Found it - No not at the Ritz. At the "Upper Room" Telegraph & Grand River Rds.

http://www.trulia.com/property/3080432557-23821-Grand-River-Ave-Detroit-MI-48219

Being held at "The Upper Room Christian Entertainment Center " On Grand River Just off Telegraph Rd. in West side Detroit.

Sorry Stainless this appears to be priced way out of yours and some other's financial comfort zone.

Looks like this will be a good time for those who attend.

stainless1911

Banned
--Moderator edit--

Such postings hardly benefit the very public perception of OCDO.

Please do not continue to pursue this line of commenting as it distracts from the main, important mission of the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

cmdr_iceman71

I purchsed my ticket a few minutes ago, the cost is $25 right now via paypal for the early birds, after July 19th the price goes up to $35 and as stated before, if you wait to the day of the event, it will be $40 at the door. Don't wait to purchase your tickets if you are serious about attending.