• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FLASH Breaking News! Issa's House Oversight Committee holds Holder in contempt.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Somehow I don't expect Erich[sic!] Holder to stand-up like Colonel Oliver North did for President Reagan.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/233763-house-panel-votes-to-place-holder-in-contempt-of-congress
J. Yager said:
All 23 Republicans on the committee voted for the contempt resolution, while all 17 Democrats voted against it. Every member of the panel was present for the vote.

Minutes after the panel's decision, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) announced that the full House will vote on the contempt measure next week.

"While we had hoped it would not come to this, unless the attorney general reevaluates his choice and supplies the promised documents, the House will vote to hold him in contempt next week," the Republican leaders said in a statement. "If, however, Attorney General Holder produces these documents prior to the scheduled vote, we will give the Oversight Committee an opportunity to review in hopes of resolving this issue."

Holder blasted Issa in a statement following the vote while touting the efforts the DOJ has made to try and meet the chairman's demands.

"From the beginning, Chairman Issa and certain members of the committee have made unsubstantiated allegations first, then scrambled for facts to try to justify them later," said Holder.

"That might make for good political theater, but it does little to uncover the truth or address the problems associated with this operation and prior ones dating back to the previous administration."

Obama’s move to bring the Fast and Furious documents under executive privilege came just minutes before the panel began the contempt proceedings. In the letter announcing Obama’s decision, Deputy Attorney General James Cole argued DOJ has made “extraordinary efforts to accommodate the committee’s legitimate oversight interests.”

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Holder said:
"That might make for good political theater, but it does little to uncover the truth or address the problems associated with this operation..."

Did I read that right?

I can think of a really quick way to both uncover the truth AND avoid the theater of the contempt charges, and the ball is in Holder's court.

Superlite27

Hmmmmmm. Does anyone else find it rather strange that Obama needs to invoke executive privilege in order to keep secret.....

.....documents that don't exist?

Yep. We gave you all the documents. There aren't any more. That's why executive privilege is needed: Because you don't need to see those documents that don't exist.

BTW: Strange +2: Isn't it funny, that out of all the White House leaks of secret information, Fast & Furious documents weren't included?

Hmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

This is the first exercise of executive privilege by the Occupier @WH