• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dissatisfied yet?

WOD

A total purge and reset is the only way anything different will happen. By different I mean just that, but knowing Human Nature it will eventually deteriorate right back to where we are now. The Founding Fathers were aware of what they were doing, they compromised to accomplish a guideline, to get the new country started. It isn't perfect now, it wasn't perfect then, but it was a good foundation to build upon. The Founding Fathers also were aware of Human Nature, and tried to put in place the abilities to correct the abuse of those Powers granted to the newly formed government. We The People, are the only ones who can and should, correct the problem, as spelled out in the Constitution, that is our right and duty as citizens. The drawback to this course of action is of course... Human Nature. Once we take back our government and country, can we alter Human Nature enough to restrain ourselves from abusing the powers granted by this magnificent document? History really doesn't repeat itself, it's Human Nature that repeats history......

carsontech

Activist Member
If we stipulate that people will collaborate by any fashion other than outright free-for-all, then we must stipulate the existence and enforcement of rules. This is the minimal description of government. I don't necessarily disagree that, from a certain perspective, the purest form of liberty is anarchy. However, if we are going to stipulate the formation of society, then what I have outlined is the ideal for maintaining liberty.

Moreover, I do not accept that "power of force or intimidation" is "the very definition of coercion". Justice is not coercive, it is corrective (more accurately, according to Common Law, it is remunerative; after all, everything is economic, at the end of the day, in the context of society).

Does the existence of government inherently threaten liberty? Without question. You can choose between anarchy or society. If you choose the latter, liberty demands what I've described.

"If men are good, you don't need government; if men are evil or ambivalent, you don't dare have one." -Robert LeFevre

Anarchy doesn't have to be what most define it to be, chaos. Anarchy can mean having a civilized society...

'Anarchy or Minarchy' Is Only Half the Question

'Anarchy or Minarchy' Is Only Half the Question - Part 2

Last edited:

()pen(arry

Anarchy doesn't have to be what most define it to be, chaos. Anarchy can mean having a civilized society...

In theory, absolutely. If humanists are right and people are intrinsically good, one can envision a scenario (though not, of course, how to get there) wherein a society of only good people collaborate peaceably without rules, and thus without government. One could even, I suppose, envision a scenario wherein a society of mostly good people of intestinal fortitude are able, by individual effort, to stave off the predations of a few bad people.

If your choice is anarchy, okay. If you want any form of rules at all, you require government. I don't believe for an instant that anarchy could ever be workable with humans involved.

Ca Patriot

The founding fathers of this country knew that govenments become tyranical and the only way to deal with them is through force.

They didnt give us the Second Amendment for hunting.

They didnt give us the Second Amendment for sport target shooting.

They gave us the right to keep and bear arms so we could keep and practice freedom and liberty.

People today in America do not have the courage to kill the tyrants like the founding fathers did.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I like a constitutional dictatorship .. where the dictator rules for 10 yrs and afterwards gets a pension and cannot have another source of income afterwards ... we would still have most of our first 10 amendments...

OC for ME

Because liberals are permitted to vote, there by voting other liberals into elected office a case can be made for anarchy. Though, I prefer liberty.

TJ had it right back in the day.....almost. We have the government we receive by the majority who participate. Fortunately it appears that conservatives are beginning to participate in greater numbers and liberals don't like that, no Sir, they don't like that at all.

Please see post number 11.

carsontech

Activist Member
Anarchy is just a label that most people give to a society, or lack of, without rule of law or government.

As I said before, anarchy doesn't have to mean chaos. It doesn't have to mean lollipops, love, and bubble gum, either.

There can be rules, without someone enforcing them. Everything can be voluntary. If you want to participate in society, fine. If you don't, fine.

"Voluntary relationships or forced relationships: if you were able to passively observe two societies, one organized by voluntary exchange and the other by force, which would you call civilized? In which would you choose to live if offered the choice?

There is nothing civilized about using force to satisfy desires. There is everything civilized about a society where voluntary relationships define the society. I avoid for now the concern of "you are dreaming of utopia, it will never work." This isn't the point. The issue is to confront what we consider as civilized, and what we consider as barbaric. The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it."

Anarchy: The Unknown Ideal

Last edited:

OC for ME

Ya know what I consider barbaric....brussel sprouts.

The alien spawning ground of the vegetable world. Friggin pod people....Invasion of the Body Snatcher's....

What is civilized would be the complete eradication of that alien spawned vegetable monstrosity.

I would not be dissatisfied with their eradication. if there is ever a need for government, I vote that this is it.....yuk!