Thread: Looking for sights and holsters for the Ruger SR40C

Looking for sights and holsters for the Ruger SR40C

I am currently carrying my Ruger SR40C and I have decided that it is time to upgrade the sights and look around for a new OWB holster. This is what I am currently using as my OC holster- And I have no problems with it. It has been a great holster, however I am wanting to get something that has more retention than Level 1. However I am having trouble finding a good holster out there meeting this requirement. There are alot of IWB holsters and Level 1 Leather holsters out there, but I just can not seem to find any for Level 2 or 3.

As far as the sights go I am having the same trouble finding sights for the SR40C. I am wanting a better sight set up for low light conditions, a must for EDC I believe. Once again I can not for the life of me find sights to put on the .40. Unless of course the SR9C sight are compatible with the 40. I have not been able to get a clear answer on this however.

So if any of you out there know where to look I would appreciate the info. Also if any of you out there own one of these please let me know what set up you are running as I am looking to change things up to make it slightly better as an EDC.

Thanks for any and all help.

I believe the SR9c and the SR40c are the same gun except for chamber. I know they both use the same frame.

The Ruger web page reads : The SR40c is based on the same high-performance glass-filled nylon frame as those used on the popular SR9, SR9c™ and SR40 pistols, offering the same, great ergonomic features, including a slim frame, short trigger reach, reversible backstrap, and ambidextrous controls. The SR40c features a through-hardened, stainless steel slide or alloy steel slide with black nitride finish.
    Last edited by Levi; 06-21-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

I believe in freedom, Mr. Lipwig. Not many people do, although they will, of course, protest otherwise. And no practical definition of freedom would be complete without the freedom to take the consequences. Indeed, it is the freedom upon which all the others are based.

The freedom to succeed goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail. - Going Postal, Terry Pratchett

Las Vegas, NV
    remove handgun registration in Clark County,NV

2nd amendment in modern English: The people have the right to own and carry firearms, and it may not be violated because a well-equipped Militia is necessary for a State to remain secure and free.

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Get a Bianchi model 82 "carry lok" (OWB level 2 retention) for a Glock 19/23. The SR40c fits securely in this. I used to have a SR40 (full-size) and a SR9c, and both guns work in this holster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

High Point NC
    As a test my son tried an SR40c in a Blackhawk Serpa lvl 2 for the SR9 and it was a tad tight but worked just fine he said.