Thread: Blackhawk Quick Disconnect

Blackhawk Quick Disconnect

So I picked up the Blackhawk Quick Disconnect system for the SERPA. My main reason was to be able to switch between hip carry and car carry with ease.
    I drilled my center console and attached one of the female adapters to the console.
    So far it works great.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1593.jpg 
Views:	883 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	8659Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1594.jpg 
Views:	1253 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	8660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1595.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	8661Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1596.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	8662Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1599.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	8663
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

I did the exact same when I had the Miata and I'm thinking about doing it to the Blubaru, too.

To me the benefits are two-fold. I now have my weapon easily accessible in the car (I have male adapters on my 1911 and my usp) and I maintain retention capabilities.

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Just be sure you never have someone in the front passenger seat who cannot legally possess a pistol, and you're set.

I have one of these and have been using it for about two years. No permanent modification to the vehicle... ( no screw holes )

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/Unive...-Mount-p5.html
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

I had looked at something like that but decided it wasn't what I wanted. With mine I detach my weapon, still in the holster, and reattach it to the console. This means when I leave the car there isn't a holster still attached, just a little black plastic circle.
    I did a mock up under the steering wheel but didn't like how it felt. In a truck or suv it would probably work for me but not my car.
    In the past I've always built something or just shoved the gun in the seats but I didn't want to do that anymore. I debated about whether to drill the console and finally decided to just do it. I am going to have this car for a very long time and I can always spend the few bucks on the side panel for the console if I need to.

I did the same thing in my truck. Mine's a Blade-Tech version though.

Interogative

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Just be sure you never have someone in the front passenger seat who cannot legally possess a pistol, and you're set.
    Please elaborate, would this also include rear seating in vehicles?

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    Please elaborate, would this also include rear seating in vehicles?

~Whitney
    It's not that hard to understand when the pistol is practically touching the left leg of a passenger in the OP's car. If that person is a prohibited party, and there is a firearm right next to them, it could be a big problem if stopped. As for back seat passengers, at least there would be some reasonable separation and it would be harder to make the case for "possession, access, or control".

For me, I'd prefer a means of mounting it on MY side of the console. In a vehicle I might not be so concerned about retention and probably just use an Uncle Mikes Kydex holster. Use a LH holster for Driver's side mount on the console. Will work fine. If you want retention, use a SERPA and learn how to use your thumb to release.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    It's not that hard to understand when the pistol is practically touching the left leg of a passenger in the OP's car. If that person is a prohibited party, and there is a firearm right next to them, it could be a big problem if stopped. As for back seat passengers, at least there would be some reasonable separation and it would be harder to make the case for "possession, access, or control".
    If a firearms owner is driving around 'prohibited' persons then they should choose their friends/family better.

I just leave my gun on my hip while driving. I carry in a leather holster and have never had any comfortableness issues.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    If a firearms owner is driving around 'prohibited' persons then they should choose their friends/family better.

I just leave my gun on my hip while driving. I carry in a leather holster and have never had any comfortableness issues.

Tell that to the 35 y/o who, when he was 18, got a BJ from his GF, who was 17, and the parents found out......

Or the guy that pulled over on the highway to take a piss, and is now a felon because he had a CCW, and because he was breaking the law, while armed, there was a mandatory enhancer (a felony) of committing a crime while armed...
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    Or the guy that pulled over on the highway to take a piss, and is now a felon because he had a CCW, and because he was breaking the law, while armed, there was a mandatory enhancer (a felony) of committing a crime while armed...
    That's a major stretch because IF the party is cited it's merely a misdemeanor (unless he was drying it off by waving it at traffic).

How bout a citation on where it's ACTUALLY happened that someone has had the felony enhancement added (rather than in your mind) for "unlawful whizzing".
    Last edited by amlevin; 06-24-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"