Thread: carrying a long gun in a vehicle

carrying a long gun in a vehicle

i recently had to sell my last handgun to pay some debts, i do however have a 12 gauge pump with 18.5 inch barrel with a hogue pistol grip which puts the gun at 28.25 inches total. how would i go about carrying this gun in a vehicle?, i don't like being out without some type of weapon. thanks for any help.

the back seat or the trunk. probably be the best practical way.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis C View Post
    the back seat or the trunk. probably be the best practical way.
    i forgot to mention, at this time i only have a s10 pickup with ext cab. the gun has a sling, and there are hooks in the back to hang clothes. i thought about hanging the gun on the hooks, but don't know how it would ride.

Activist Member
    I would purchase a gun rack to go in the rear window or set it in your passenger seat or in the passenger floor leaned against the seat. Wherever you place it just make sure it is clearly visible.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.