Thread: One thing that bugs me.

One thing that bugs me.

I am very happy you guys in OK will finally be able to OC, and I think the your organization is taking the proper approach being proactive with local LE...but one thing bugs me (well, more than one, one especially)

"duty to inform" When you talk to the LE community, maybe you might bring up the 5th ammendment to the US constitution (and whatever equilivant OK has in their constitution)

If a person who would be doing something illegal is asked by LE if they are armed...they do not need to answer that question...that would be self incrimination, they would be protected by the 5th (actually went through the court's on OH, another "must inform" state)...but if you are not doing anything illegal, you have to tell LE you are armed?

What does LE gain execpt a "Gotya" that they cannot enforce if someone wants to push back. It serves no good purpose, and could (has) cause(d) harm. (Another thread on this forum, happened to a guy from TX, Remember?)

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    I am very happy you guys in OK will finally be able to OC, and I think the your organization is taking the proper approach being proactive with local LE...but one thing bugs me (well, more than one, one especially)

"duty to inform" When you talk to the LE community, maybe you might bring up the 5th ammendment to the US constitution (and whatever equilivant OK has in their constitution)

If a person who would be doing something illegal is asked by LE if they are armed...they do not need to answer that question...that would be self incrimination, they would be protected by the 5th (actually went through the court's on OH, another "must inform" state)...but if you are not doing anything illegal, you have to tell LE you are armed?

What does LE gain execpt a "Gotya" that they cannot enforce if someone wants to push back. It serves no good purpose, and could (has) cause(d) harm. (Another thread on this forum, happened to a guy from TX, Remember?)
    Our "duty to inform" is only during an arrest, detainment, or traffic stop when you look at the actual law. Also the SCOTUS has ruled that a criminal is able to ignore such laws as it would be self incrimination. So if someone wanted to make the fight, they could most likely make the 5A arguement in court should they not inform and get caught. Not that I would want to do that, but it is a possibility if one feels inclined to make that fight and has the time/money to do so.

Duty to inform

It sounds like another case of criminals haveing more rights than A LAC
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex