• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need input - Edmonds or South Snohomish County OC

Freedom1Man

Thanks! I was hoping someone around here has had regular experience with the downtown area around here. This certainly helps. Shoot, there's this guy who's known for walking around Edmonds with nothing on but daisy dukes when the sun is out... so I guess me OC'ing can't be any more strange.

I don't know Edmonds but Monroe and Kirkland areas I've been around.

07Altima

just wanted to add this because its important :)

Thanks Levi.

So there be Starbucks a plenty around here. I frequent QFC, anyone had experience at any QFCs is the Puget Sound? The family and I go for a lot of walks during this time of year, especially to downtown and the waterfront (we're within walking distance from out home). I think I'd be pretty comfortable doing that since no one notices pedestrians in general, and even if they do, no one is going to stop or question me when I'm walking with my wife and 3 kids. I'll hit up a few local restaurants that I'm sure I'd be good in. Anyone had experience going into a Fred Meyer?

I'm not too worried about businesses or the police. I guess I'm timid of the ignorant average joe out there. Yes, I know, having a legally holstered weapon OC'd is not RAS and I shouldn't be worried about someone who get's scared of my 1911 on my hip... but still. I guess I'm just being chicken.

I really should download and print off he pamphlet to carry around with me...

Welcome to the forum I wanted to say that FredMeyer owns QFC they are both in the same family of Kroger stores their policy is to allow Open Carry in any state that allows it. FredMeyer, and QFC are the two most friendly gun places I have carried in many place in Snohomish county. The only place that seems to beat them out are gun stores :) well some any way :)

I carry openly in many places that are friendly, I carry myself as a nice guy, present myself with being a person you might walk up to and talk with. I want to say that I have even been known to OC in Costco with out issue, and that is a place that has a anti policy I have never been harassed there, and would conceal or leave if asked per State Law. However I abide by shopping, and being normal, and have garnered no bad personal press.

I try to do it more often when I am with my kids, or wearing my Veterans Hat however I have done it in some new places I just did NW Trek OC, and have been carrying in Malls.

I have been learning to become just comfortable enough to do my day to day with out fear, but I am always hyper aware, and never will let that go. When in OC I find that I am looking, and assessing any thing that could be a threat. I was Trained to do this in the Army. I think though that every OC'r does this naturally any way. I would love to OC with others I found our Coffee meet in Bothell to be a great experience.

NOTE I did start out slow just a little here, and there, as I got more encouragement I carried oc more. I am still careful where I carry OC, such as I try not to be super brazen or act in any strange way around people but become even more cautious how I hold myself around kids, even more so around large groups of kids.

Positive note I carried OC into a Mc,ds right after I got there a bus of school kids showed up from a game, every teacher, and kid noticed my two firearms, heard some negative talk from the teachers, but they did not bother me, the kids were just talking about how bad ass it was. I was happy it did not get any more intense. I finished refilled my cup, and walked out. I feel good when good encounters happen!

07Altima

fast food seems to be safe

no issues in fast food, or Denny's so far. I do have to say in my last post that assessing threats is to strong of a term but accurate, I am just more Situationally aware! that is the nice way of putting it. I dont change how I am acting no matter what is going on, and the only time I will ever draw is if violent force is intended to be used against me I try to avoid being in on any ones argument, or getting into any altercation with any one while I am carrying. I have just walked away from people trying to goad me into violence because I know I am above that.

that kind of guy

07 Altima

Thanks for the good info! I appreciate the tips and am really taking heart to what you guys are saying. I'm feeling like the main message is "treat it as if it were like any other legal activity; just act normal". The more I take in what you all say the more I realize how suckered our society has become into thinking that someone who carries a gun must be violent or an odd duck, when in all reality, OC'ing is a right exercised no differently than anyone else exercising their right to free speech, to freedom of assembly, or freedom of religion (or any other of our rights).

Anyways, thanks for the encouragement everyone. I really appreciate this group of people and am thankful there are many like-minded individuals out there who want to defend our right to keep and bear arms, and educate a brainwashed and/or ignorant public.

that kind of guy

Suggestions?

Sort of OT, I have a great leather holster that I love for my primary carry firearm, and am about to get one similar for my 1911, but was wondering if anyone here knows of a store in the area, or a website where, I can find a great deal on leather holsters. They tend to be so dang expensive!

07Altima

Wish I could help

well the only place with a huge selection of leather seems to be the range in Bellevue um hmmm there are some at Cabella's not sure on price wife got her molded one for her 38 at sams before it went down the tubes. I bought mine online at the same time I bought my hand gun, and it was a custom from Frontier Leather works but its been an awesome holster, and for 200 bucks I was able to choose the leather, the lining, weather it had clips or loop, and the clips are awesome by the way, I chose a silver dollar concho eagle side for the center, was able to choose the stain for the leather as well, it came packed really good, I was given treatment like a king when mine was being worked on, I also got a basic matching belt, very good work so if you ever want to get a high end holster this is the guy for it. He also does recessed stitching which means diddly to most but I did tailoring for a while and it is a very high quality stitch job. I will buy from him again! when you call he or his wife will answer. awesome people I know I sound like a salesmen but they do Quality work, and I cant recall in 30 years ever seeing that I was born in 81 and cant think of anything as high quality some things seemed low at first but it was due to being rugged stuff, and it smoothed it out after a week or so.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Curious, have you OCed yet? You're talking an awful lot, but no action.

Seems unnecessarily harsh.

While many of my friends OC 24/7, some don't. Some only CC and a some don't carry at all. The commonality is that they all support my right to choose how I carry.

that kind of guy

Yeah, Altima, I was up at Sams a couple weeks ago to shoot and they had nothing left that would've worked for me. I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and spend some bucks to get one. I haven't had any other replies on who might have bet prices.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

that kind of guy

Yes, I have, but not since starting this thread.

Funny you mention it. I got home from the beach yesterday evening (was down there with the fam) then saw Altima's post last night and started kicking myself for not OCing while I was there. Honestly, OC doesn't really cross my mind very often when I'm away from the forum. CCing is so habitual for me that I just don't really think about OC.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Yes, I have, but not since starting this thread.

Funny you mention it. I got home from the beach yesterday evening (was down there with the fam) then saw Altima's post last night and started kicking myself for not OCing while I was there. Honestly, OC doesn't really cross my mind very often when I'm away from the forum. CCing is so habitual for me that I just don't really think about OC.

Attend a couple of local meet n' greets. That will do wonders for your daily awareness of the benefits.

that kind of guy

Seems unnecessarily harsh.

While many of my friends OC 24/7, some don't. Some only CC and a some don't carry at all. The commonality is that they all support my right to choose how I carry.

Thanks Grapeshot. I know there are many different personality types on here and I try not to be offended when something is worded in a way that might sound harsh. I try and give people the benefit of the doubt.

You mention some of your friends only CC, that's everyone I know who carries... I didn't know about OC until I came to this forum, and none of my friends, family, or acquaintances OC.

Freedom1Man

Thanks for the link!

You're welcome. I have personally been to their shop and if there is any leather work I need done they are worth the trip. They are priced fair for the item and priced way low for their high quality work. Plus they are open carry friendly.

Down side is that it might take them a couple of days/week depending on the work load.

sudden valley gunner

Yeah, I've been wanting to do that. I just haven't made it a priority. Usually when one comes up I have a scheduling conflict or it's to far away.

Next Saturday here in Bellingham, and we are a very welcoming group of varying political and social views. It will be a nice picnic.

Every Sunday, here in Bham too, 10 AM Bakerview Starbucks.

that kind of guy

welcome to the forum,,, again.
since you posed this same question 27! months ago,
i will suggest you concider to just keep lurking.
Or,,, buy a recorder, put on your big boy pants and OC to a store where you are a known regular customer.

Hey! I put on my big boy pants today! Ok, so maybe more like training diapers :p but still, when I went to grab lunch and run a quick errand I decided to OC. Figured now was as good a time as any, and I'll probably start doing that more often... good opportunity. Anyways, went to Manna Teriyaki to grab lunch (a place I frequent and the people know me), no big deal. Ran across the street to the 7-11 for a few items, a few people got in line behind me while I was there, and again, no big deal. Ran over to Big 5 down the street to look for something for my kids... couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so I asked staff for some help, got what I wanted, had people get in line by me as well... and yeah, again, no big deal.

So, I'm thinking this may be a great way to gain more comfort... baby steps when I'm out of my office for a while doing lunch or errands. Thanks for the nudge Defender. And thanks to everyone else as well for the encouragement. I'm hoping to have more experiences to share in the future.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

sudden valley gunner

Hey! I put on my big boy pants today! Ok, so maybe more like training diapers :p but still, when I went to grab lunch and run a quick errand I decided to OC. Figured now was as good a time as any, and I'll probably start doing that more often... good opportunity. Anyways, went to Manna Teriyaki to grab lunch (a place I frequent and the people know me), no big deal. Ran across the street to the 7-11 for a few items, a few people got in line behind me while I was there, and again, no big deal. Ran over to Big 5 down the street to look for something for my kids... couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so I asked staff for some help, got what I wanted, had people get in line by me as well... and yeah, again, no big deal.

So, I'm thinking this may be a great way to gain more comfort... baby steps when I'm out of my office for a while doing lunch or errands. Thanks for the nudge Defender. And thanks to everyone else as well for the encouragement. I'm hoping to have more experiences to share in the future.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Right on, the more you do it the more you realilze it is the natural thing for you to do. Better yet is to go to one of the regular OC meets where you can see several carrying and feel very comfortable doing so, like Today 10-2 at Bloedel Donovan here in Bellingham.

that kind of guy

Right on, the more you do it the more you realilze it is the natural thing for you to do. Better yet is to go to one of the regular OC meets where you can see several carrying and feel very comfortable doing so, like Today 10-2 at Bloedel Donovan here in Bellingham.

Thanks for the invite! I'm gonna make it happen one of these days. I know there are some keys near me on Bothell too.