• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buckeyes for Concealed Carry on Campus facebook page

MyWifeSaidYes

For those that don't know, a young man named Mike Newbern started an OSU chapter of the national group, Students for Concealed Carry on Campus.

Mr. Newbern HAS been handcuffed and detained by the OSU police for having an EMPTY holster.

In addition to supporting carry on campus, Buckeyes for Concealed Carry on Campus is pushing for changing the illegal policies of OSU president Gordon Gee.

Ohio law allows a concealed handgun license holder to drive onto a college campus and park, then they must secure their firearm(s) in their car. That's from Ohio Revised Code 2923.126 - Duties of a Licensed Individual.

Gordon Gee won't allow that. He allows NO guns on campus, including his parking lots. That goes for students AND employees. This policy violates state law.

BCCC also has reached out to an avid anti-gunner, Toby Hoover, from the Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence. She hasn't been very receptive. :D

Mr. Newbern has a small request of his group, and I thought I would pass it on in this forum...if you have a Facebook account, please visit the BCCC page and 'like' it.

https://www.facebook.com/BuckeyesforConcealedCarry

The OCAGV facebook page has just over 300 likes since last September. Mr. Newbern would like to see the BCCC page exceed the OCAGV likes in a week.

BCCC hasn't released their regular web site yet, but it is in the works.

My 'like' was number 41.

Last edited:

CornfedinOhio

Like! Thanks for the heads up!

Tapatalk requires no training for things like spelling, accuracy, clarity, cohesiveness or manners.