• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SR40c

Will.40

Just wondering if anyone here carrys a Ruger SR40c, I just bought this gun and I love it. its accurate light and so far pretty dependable. The only downside is I cannot find a leval 2 retintion holster for it I was told that they do make them for the compact guns? anyway just wanted to know yalls thoughts about this handgun.

moonie

I've heard the Sherpa for the full size will fit it, might check that though. My middle son is considering this pistol.

On second thought that might be the SR9C holster that will fit it.

Last edited:

BOOMcat12B

My everyday carry is a Ruger SR40C. And I have to agree it is an amazing little pistol. I carry it in a Fobus holster as I have yet to find a level 2 retention holster for it yet. I have had mine for about 7 months now and have fired around 900-1000 rounds through it with 0 problems so far. The only thing that was weird was that it would try to jam and misfeed while loading it when I first got it... But after a thorough cleaning I have not had that problem since. I carry mine with the 9 round mag in the weapon and the 15 rounder as a back up. One of these days i am going to get around to getting one more mag. It is a great EDC. The only downside that I have found is that it is hard to find holsters/ Accs for it. But other wise I am very happy with it.

YounGunSR9c

BlackHawk Serpa

Black Hawk makes a serpa holster for the SR9 full size that works with the SR9c and 40c I carry with that holster every day, works good the only thing is the barrel doesnt reach the bottom of the holster like the full size but it doesnt matter with the trigger guard lock...

Will.40

Black Hawk makes a serpa holster for the SR9 full size that works with the SR9c and 40c I carry with that holster every day, works good the only thing is the barrel doesnt reach the bottom of the holster like the full size but it doesnt matter with the trigger guard lock...

I just purchased this holster a few weeks ago I like it. It stays in place and does not flop around like all my other holsters

MainelyGlock

I had a Ruger SR40 (full size) for awhile. It mostly stayed in my car, but it was thin and light and I kind of wish I had kept it.

BriKuz

The wife carries the 40c, I carry the full frame 40... we both have blackhawk serpas for sr9, and it works great... had to loosen the level one (friction) retention a bit on both holsters, but they carry well, and are easy to draw quickly... neither wife nor I have had the "booger finger hits the trigger" problem that some have with the serpas, though I'm not sure if this is due to the exact layout or the sr/serpa system or just good draw discipline. Trigger was rough and gravelly on the first couple of boxes of ammo, but after a few rounds and a good cleaning, these pieces have a wonderful trigger, imho. As for misfeeds, etc, the only time we've ever had the guns NOT go "boom" is when we're mixing snap-caps into the loadouts to PRACTICE misfires... overall, after about 1500 rounds through each weapon, my wife and I are both impressed with this weapon.