• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Vienna hotdogs

Gunslinger

Stopped at the hotdog stand on Meridian and 24 in Falcon. Advertises Chicago style (Vienna with poppyseed buns) hotdogs. Growing up in the suburbs of Chicago I really miss them. They were as advertised--best hotdogs in the world! Great menu of other stuff, too. Oh, I was OCing my XD/M 9. A dozen people saw it, nobody even looked twice. That's Falcon.

DocWalker

Stopped at the hotdog stand on Meridian and 24 in Falcon. Advertises Chicago style (Vienna with poppyseed buns) hotdogs. Growing up in the suburbs of Chicago I really miss them. They were as advertised--best hotdogs in the world! Great menu of other stuff, too. Oh, I was OCing my XD/M 9. A dozen people saw it, nobody even looked twice. That's Falcon.

Since they where Chicago style one would have thought your weapon would have been banned but the murder rate around the cart would have gone up....go figure.

Bellum_Intus

Since they where Chicago style one would have thought your weapon would have been banned but the murder rate around the cart would have gone up....go figure.

Related.. lol dated June 20th

http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityha...serve-city-gun-law-despite-judges-ruling.html

"The mayor noted that the number of guns confiscated by Chicago Police is up about seven percent this year. The city’s homicide rate has spiked 35 percent during the same period while shootings are up roughly 11 percent."

Hey Rahm, moron... the crime rate is up because of your gun laws... now go have a hot dog and open carry... Idiots..

--Rob

since9

Campaign Veteran

Sounds like an ideal location for our next meet and greet! Besides, Dragonman's is just down the road.

O2HeN2

Closer to the 'springs

For those of you in the 'springs that don't want to wander out to Falcon, try Margo's Vienna Station in the "no man's land" on Colorado Avenue between Colorado Springs and Manitou Springs.

Of course, not today because they're evacuated because of the Waldo Canyon fire.

O2

Gunslinger

I have found I don't complain about the heat anymore after two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.
In SEA, it was 95 before it rained. Then it was 100. Humidity was always near 100%. I had to dump the sweat out of my face mask so the com would work in the Phantom. The sandbox doesn't have that problem, but 120 is hellish no matter what the dew point. Here, in the shade with a breeze, it is bearable. And sweating does help cool you, unlike Houston.

PFC HALE

had a place in leesburg florida that was family owned and they had vienna beef hotdogs. the best!!!