Thread: Gun Facts Ver. 6.1

Gun Facts Ver. 6.1

All,

My good buddy Guy Smith has recently published "Gun Facts 6.1" (a free publication) that very effectively and concisely debunks virtually EVERY myth propagated by Ceasefire (and many others, as well).

Get your copy at: http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-fa...6_1_screen.pdf

It should be required reading for everyone on this list.
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

Look foward to reading it, thanks.
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

I am truly in awe of this document!

Thank you for posting it!!

Fact: At most, 14% of all firearms traced in investigations were purchased at gun shows. But this includes all firearms that the police traced, regardless if they were used in crimes or not, which overstates the acquisition rate.
    Maybe this sheds a little light on why Police are so set on "running the serial number" whenever they stop someone for a non gun related incident.

But then nobody would accuse them of trying to "stack the statistics" would they?
    Last edited by amlevin; 06-22-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by rapgood View Post
    All,

My good buddy Guy Smith has recently published "Gun Facts 6.1" (a free publication) that very effectively and concisely debunks virtually EVERY myth propagated by Ceasefire (and many others, as well).

I have had this on my computer for years. Thanks for the update.
    Live Free or Die!

Awesome information....great to have at your fingertips....Have already used it a couple of times...

All,

Everyone on this list? Sooooo copypasta from an email?

This document, along with the FBI's annual UCR (Uniform Crime Report) and the CDCs "Mortality and Morbidity Weekly Report" should be REQUIRED reading for any 2A activist.

These three documents will give you ALL the "ammunition" you need to literally send the "anti's" into brain-exploding apoplexy of cognitive dissonance, because unlike the lies, propaganda and emotional fiction that the "anti's" believe and spew, these three documents consist of actual FACTS...

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/mmwrsrch.htm
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

That's some SERIOUS research! Thanks for the info. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Page 53 of the Gun Facts 'book'.

Fact: 94% of law enforcement officials believe that citizens should be able to purchase firearms for self-defense and sporting purposes.
    The question should be worded "to purchase firearms and lawfully carry for self-defense". Of course the cops are for ownership. Meaningless fact. Right up there with '94% of the time, water is wet'.

Besides, what are the 94% doing to bring around the 6% that do not believe?

I wonder if this book could be made available as a audio book, this way I could listen to it while I am texting and driving.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Besides, what are the 94% doing to bring around the 6% that do not believe?

The 6% live in states that do NOT have a RKBA clause in their State Constitutions (Like MD, NJ and CA) and therefore, they believe that by denying the individual right to keep and BEAR arms, they are actually, somehow, "upholding and defending the law of the land" in their jurisdictions...

The level of mental illness involved in formulating and defending the anti-2A mentality is labyrinthine and mind-boggling, and difficult to understand for most normal, rational humans...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 06-27-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Great stuff, even better that he made it available for free. Tell him thanks from me because I'm sure that took a ton of work.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    I have had this on my computer for years. Thanks for the update.
    Same here, good stuff.

All,

Man this is great. Now if only someone could make this into an app for my phone.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Banned
    nice read but sitting down and talking with anit-gunners is a useless endeavor. I just say, you're wrong, and it does not matter anyway as our 2nd amendment and our basic rights allow us to own any type of firearm we want.

I'm not impressed by the lack of accuracy. Consider Page 1, which makes the following claim: "Fact: In America, we can demonstrate that private ownership of guns reduces crime, but from country to country there is no correlation between gun availability and the violent crime rate."

Given the data, there is a correlation, to be precise, it's .3642. A correlation of 1.0 means that the data are perfectly correlated. For example, the following data set is perfectly correlated and has a correlation factor of 1.0:
    (1,2,3,4,5) and (2,4,6,8,10)

If such a glaring error is to be found on Page 1, what other errors exist throughout the pamphlet? Well, let's take a quick peek. I'm 49, so let's turn to Page 49 and see what's there...

Well, I didn't find any errors on page 49. Still, having a glaring error on the first page doesn't inspire confidence in the rest of the book.

I do like his thoroughness, though, and will use it as a resource. I won't quote any facts from it, though, unless I've checked their accuracy myself.

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    Man this is great. Now if only someone could make this into an app for my phone.
    They did, and best of all, they're free!
    Last edited by since9; 07-27-2012 at 12:27 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    They did, and best of all, they're free!
    Super thanks for the link ...

Thanks for posting

I love GunFatcs. It very well prepared and an excellent source of information. You may not sway and anti-gunners feelings on it, but you be able well armed (pun intended) should you find yourself arguing with one.
    There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible to live without breaking laws. — AYN RAND