• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about sb 1733

MM_45

According to sb 1733 it defines a unconcealed handgun as a handgun carried in a belt holster, shoulder holster, scabbard or case that is wholly or partially visible. What exactly falls under the category of a scabbard for a handgun? I have only heard of scabbards for rifles and shotguns.

MM_45

The reason im asking is i was wondering if I were to OC with a thigh holster if that would be considered a scabbard and be legal to OC with?

hrdware

The reason im asking is i was wondering if I were to OC with a thigh holster if that would be considered a scabbard and be legal to OC with?

There is no legal definition for scabbard, so the common definition is a sheath. A sheath is simply a protective covering.

It seems that a thigh holster would work, but I am not a lawyer and have never played one on TV. If I have a chance to ask a lawyer, I will and let you know what they say.

Aknazer

Ok thank you. I thought a thigh holster should be ok just dont want to get in trouble over it if i did decide to use it.

I plan on using my thigh holster when I get back. If they say it isn't a belt holster I'll simply point to where the thing connects to my belt since there are 2 straps that go from the holster area up to the belt. After all, it doesn't define "belt holster" and it does attach to the belt.