Thread: Question about sb 1733

Question about sb 1733

According to sb 1733 it defines a unconcealed handgun as a handgun carried in a belt holster, shoulder holster, scabbard or case that is wholly or partially visible. What exactly falls under the category of a scabbard for a handgun? I have only heard of scabbards for rifles and shotguns.

The reason im asking is i was wondering if I were to OC with a thigh holster if that would be considered a scabbard and be legal to OC with?

Quote Originally Posted by MM_45 View Post
    The reason im asking is i was wondering if I were to OC with a thigh holster if that would be considered a scabbard and be legal to OC with?
    There is no legal definition for scabbard, so the common definition is a sheath. A sheath is simply a protective covering.

It seems that a thigh holster would work, but I am not a lawyer and have never played one on TV. If I have a chance to ask a lawyer, I will and let you know what they say.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

Ok thank you. I thought a thigh holster should be ok just dont want to get in trouble over it if i did decide to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by MM_45 View Post
    Ok thank you. I thought a thigh holster should be ok just dont want to get in trouble over it if i did decide to use it.
    I plan on using my thigh holster when I get back. If they say it isn't a belt holster I'll simply point to where the thing connects to my belt since there are 2 straps that go from the holster area up to the belt. After all, it doesn't define "belt holster" and it does attach to the belt.