• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New thread on budlight's gripe to avoid further hijacking

Michigander

Hey, I'm in agreement. I don't want arguments. I would suggest as I did before that the best bet would always be to contact me by PM, so as to avoid drama.

griffin

White suburban folks choose not to go to detroit frequently, and much of this has to do with hate and fear, largely due to the problems detroit has.

Hate? Really? Fear, maybe. Not hate.

The very act of carrying guns, in fact, often boils down to a fear of black people.

I don't normally go places where there are a lot of black people simply because that's not where I live, eat, and shop. I still carry.

That being said, here's the Homicide Offender Rate/100,000 by Race in US:

• 3.4 – White
  • 25.8 – Black
  • 3.2 – Other
If you took blacks out of the equation, we'd be on par with Germany and lower than France. I don't have any other violent crime stats (assaults, robbery, burglary B&E) broken down by race.

Small_Arms_Collector

I did not say you personally are afraid of black people.

You seem intent on ignoring my point, which was to explain that carry is a generally racially charged issue, and that this likely applies quite a bit less than normal to this forum. In the grand scheme of things, Detroit is only a small part of it, but being as it's a place I like, I don't mind talking about it when people bring it up.

If you don't want to bother understanding what I'm getting at, that's your business. I have explained my point.

I understood what you meant, and you implied that I, and the majority of other people who carry do so only because we are "afraid of black people", and that is simply not so, and is frankly insulting (Not to mention plays in to the hands of the antis.).

Michigander

I understood what you meant, and you implied that I, and the majority of other people who carry do so only because we are "afraid of black people", and that is simply not so, and is frankly insulting (Not to mention plays in to the hands of the antis.).

I don't believe you did, because if you did, you'd have understood that I am partially agreeing with the antis, at least in terms of the racial dynamics that leftists/anti gunners often see, and right wingers/gun people tend not to.

I explained it thoroughly, and I don't really care to go over the same thing twice. I would be happy to talk about it in person or on the phone though.

Small_Arms_Collector

I don't believe you did, because if you did, you'd have understood that I am partially agreeing with the antis, at least in terms of the racial dynamics that leftists/anti gunners often see, and right wingers/gun people tend not to.

I explained it thoroughly, and I don't really care to go over the same thing twice. I would be happy to talk about it in person or on the phone though.

And they are just as wrong. You using it only strengthens there argument that they use as justification to try to disarm us.

I carry, and I'm sure almost all carry as a way to protect ourselves from violent criminals, period. If your trying to say that you think all violent criminals are black, and projecting that on to us that's your business.

Race and how it statistically relates to violent crime is another discussion.

Michigander

Race and how it statistically relates to violent crime is another discussion.

No, it is my point. If you don't want your paradigms to shift, or otherwise legitimately disagree with something I'm getting at, that's fine, but what you're saying doesn't correlate to what I'm saying.

I mean this in the nicest possible way, really I do. And again, I'd encourage you to call me or talk with me over coffee or something if it's important to you that we hash the topic out.

Small_Arms_Collector

No, it is my point. If you don't want your paradigms to shift, or otherwise legitimately disagree with something I'm getting at, that's fine, but what you're saying doesn't correlate to what I'm saying.

I mean this in the nicest possible way, really I do. And again, I'd encourage you to call me or talk with me over coffee or something if it's important to you that we hash the topic out.

No you said that you believe most people carry specifically because they are "afraid of black people" rather than protection against violent criminals, not that all violent criminals are black, though that seems to be your implication.

Michigander

So now you're taking a snippet of what I said and trying to use that as a wedge to get at me, while ignoring the rest and how it correlates. Again, my point has been made, and made heavily. You may take it, leave it, or talk to me about it further in a different context. Your choice, and not my problem or concern.

Last edited:

Small_Arms_Collector

So now you're taking a snippet of what I said and trying to use that as a wedge to get at me, while ignoring the rest and how it correlates. Again, my point has been made, and made heavily. You may take it, leave it, or talk to me about it further in a different context. Your choice, and not my problem or concern.

I think it was the core of your agument.