• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chatfield State Park ??

cch10000

Headed to Chatfield next week and wondering if anyoine has any info about the correctness/legality of rule 4 below, according to this rule you couldn't even CC in the park

I have read the the State park rules and it is different than this

SOOOOOO what say ya'll???

Chatfield State Park Rules & Regs:
1.Keep all vehicles on designated roadways and parking areas.
2.Fires are allowed only in the provided grills and fire rings. No fires allowed on the swim beach.
3.Pets must be under control and on a leash at all times.
4.No hunting and no firearms are allowed anywhere in the park.
5.Place your trash in the trash receptacles provided. Keep your area clean.
6.Camping is allowed in designated campsites only.
7.Swimming is allowed only in the designated swim beach area.

(Updated: June 29, 2011. Sangres.com is privately owned

since9

Campaign Veteran
I can find no such restrictions in either the Campground or Group Campsites brochures. As it's in Aurora, not Denver or Denver County, you should be good.

As for fires, the Colorado State Governor banned ALL open fires state-wide as a result of the extremely dry conditions and the wildfires raging out of control near Ft. Collins and Lake George. That includes state and federal parks, national forests, and backyards.

Please don't shoot the messenger! :shocker:

I suspect you may have gotten hold of an older brochure that reflected unlawful mandates on the part of liberal state park brochure writers... :)

Last edited:

cch10000

Its in the Chatfield Park regs and its dated June,2011 so its not that old

Chatfield is in Littleton not Aurora. Cherry Creek State Park is in Suadi Aurora.

Chatfield also only has a stage one ban so you have a fire in the fire pits and charcoal grills oddly enough

Last edited: