• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Humboldt County library and offices

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
It comes as no surprise that the same type of "No Fireams" signs -- including erroneous NRS citation -- are at the doors of the library and public offices.

Having a few minutes to spare, I addressed the issue with the lady in charge at the library, who referred me to Bill Deist, the County Administrator, whose office is across the street.

He greeted me pleasantly, and gave me a moment to catch my breath after the jog across the street and up the stairs.

When I mentioned the sign and the state pre-emption, he took notes on a pad, and promised to look into the matter. I let him know about this site, so he may come as observer or to ask questions.

Could someone post info on the Sparks City Attorney in this thread, and the change in their policy due to pre-emption? I'm on a laptop on (failing) battery power and don't have time to look it up right now.