Thread: But it was a Gun-Free Zone!

But it was a Gun-Free Zone!

Not surprisingly, "gun buster" signs don't work in Afghanistan any better than they do in the U.S.

The resort in Kabul that was attacked by insurgents is posted. Maybe the terrorists couldn't read. The story is at http://www.stripes.com/news/relative...hotel-1.181082
    Click on the red View Gallery link; image #7 shows the sign. WARNING: several of the other photos are graphic.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Not surprisingly, "gun buster" signs don't work in Afghanistan any better than they do in the U.S.

The resort in Kabul that was attacked by insurgents is posted. Maybe the terrorists couldn't read. The story is at http://www.stripes.com/news/relative...hotel-1.181082
    Click on the red View Gallery link; image #7 shows the sign. WARNING: several of the other photos are graphic.
    Or they selected that location SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE they had a gun buster sign!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

They worked perfectly.

They allowed a bunch of bag guys to attack a group of victims without worry.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Religion of peace?

That sign appeared to be photoshopped in, and not a very good job if I can spot it.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    That sign appeared to be photoshopped in, and not a very good job if I can spot it.
    By whom? Why would Stars & Stripes want to doctor a photo?
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    By whom? Why would Stars & Stripes want to doctor a photo?
    I don't really know. Just making an observation.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

To be effective, a sign, like that one, must rely upon the ability for the general populous having a rudimentary reading ability. Somehow I find it hard to believe that your average Mooj is going to be able to read.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    That sign appeared to be photoshopped in...
    I disagree. Too many telltales that says it's genuine. If it is a forgery, it's a far better job than Obama's birth certificate.
    Last edited by since9; 07-04-2012 at 02:16 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.