• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

But it was a Gun-Free Zone!

Eeyore

JoeSparky

Centurion
Not surprisingly, "gun buster" signs don't work in Afghanistan any better than they do in the U.S.

The resort in Kabul that was attacked by insurgents is posted. Maybe the terrorists couldn't read. The story is at http://www.stripes.com/news/relatives-gather-at-scene-of-grisly-slayings-at-kabul-hotel-1.181082
Click on the red View Gallery link; image #7 shows the sign. WARNING: several of the other photos are graphic.

Or they selected that location SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE they had a gun buster sign!

OC for ME

To be effective, a sign, like that one, must rely upon the ability for the general populous having a rudimentary reading ability. Somehow I find it hard to believe that your average Mooj is going to be able to read.