Thread: Wish me luck

Wish me luck

I have an interview to become a LEO next week...wish me luck.

I don't doubt you are a good person wishing to contribute to your community, it just saddens me that you don't realize that getting this job will force you to force yourself and rules made up by a small group of people with the threat of violence upon the community you'd like to help in the first place and doing so most often against their will.

If you value freedom and value your fellow human beings and their own desires to be free, please don't apply for this job, no matter how well meaning you are you will get paid to do things you will despise yourself for which just can't be a recipe for a happy life.

Agree with hazek. Too bad you didn't decide to become a peace officer instead... sad.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Only by "infiltrating" the ranks of LEO with those of a more proper (i.e. less military, less LEO, more PEACE) mindset can we hope to create change in the rank and file of our public "service" agencies.

Good luck and give 'em heck on the 2nd, 4th (most maligned), and 5th......as well as all the other rights of the People.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Would you rather it be a brother of the movement or a proponent of the movement getting hired?

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    I don't doubt you are a good person wishing to contribute to your community, it just saddens me that you don't realize that getting this job will force you to force yourself and rules made up by a small group of people with the threat of violence upon the community you'd like to help in the first place and doing so most often against their will.

If you value freedom and value your fellow human beings and their own desires to be free, please don't apply for this job, no matter how well meaning you are you will get paid to do things you will despise yourself for which just can't be a recipe for a happy life.
    While I somewhat agree, its up to each individual officer to enforce the law as it is. If a chief tells an officer to violate rights, he doesn't have to do it. He will probably be shunned, but he did the right thing.

Ky advice to the OP is this. If you get this job, do your best to uphold and defend the constitution and the rights of the people. If you dont think you can, pass on the offer.