• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to Reno AirPort on Saturday-Question.

Rollbar

Just to make sure, I have a question about the AirPort Property.

I will have a rifle (no round in the chamber) in vehicle and a handgun on my side. If I remember right I can still drive on the property to drop off my passenger correct?

Thanks,
Jim

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
According to the law, yes. Not being from around your area, I'm assuming the airport is public, not private, property. If private, you still wouldn't be violating a law unless refusing to leave when asked.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Correct. You must open carry your handgun in public airport buildings as public airport buildings are off limits to concealed carry per 202.3673. Firearm carry is prohibited in the "sterile" areas of the airport per federal law. (i.e. past the metal detectors.)

Lostlittlerobot

I've OCed at mcccaren here in vegas while doing the drop off thing, never had anyone really notice. The drop offs go quickly. I'll be dropping off my father this wednesday at his curb and plan to OC.