• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Springs Meet and the Waldo Canyon Fire!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
It is unfortunate that I did not get photos of all the fine folks who turned out for the meet and greet in Colorado Springs.
We had a terrific turn-out, and conversation was as good as the food! We talked about a variety of topics ranging from being ambassadors for open carry,
the outrage in Aurora, and much more.

High on the list was the situation whereby different state parks around Colorado will tend to have different rules as pertains to firearms and a citizen's 2a rights.
That is going to be an upcoming topic for discussion on this forum, and we're going to make an effort to encourage elected officals to bring all state parks into compliance with state law and subject to preemption so there is consistency from one state park to every other state park.

As we arrived in Colorado Springs, we stopped to shop then headed out to Cheyenne Canyon to have a little tour of the area. Beyond Helen Hunt Falls is a junction where one could, at one time, take the Gold Camp Road all the way to Cripple Creek. It is blocked off and not available for travel. So we took the High Drive to return to Colorado Springs. As we started on the descent, I saw a plume of smoke in the distance. It was only a slender ribbon of smoke to the northwest of our location, but I called it in to 911 and reported it. I was told they'd already had several calls and emergency response was on the way.

As we made our way to Garden of the Gods Road and Centennial where the meet and greet would take place at the Peak Grill, the fire grew by leaps and bounds.

Here are some photos to show what we witnessed today.

Fortuantely, the fire did not put much of a damper on the mood of those who attended the meet and greet.

I'd like to thank everybody who showed up and let ya'll know that I really appreciated you folks coming out to help promote OC in the Springs.
By now some of you folks can probably guess I am somewhat passionate about our 2a rights, and ready to do my part to help promote OC in Colorado.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Bellum_Intus

Howdy Folks!
It is unfortunate that I did not get photos of all the fine folks who turned out for the meet and greet in Colorado Springs.
We had a terrific turn-out, and conversation was as good as the food! We talked about a variety of topics ranging from being ambassadors for open carry,
the outrage in Aurora, and much more.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

It was an AMAZING turnout! I expected maybe 4-5 to actually show up and BAM.. I walked in to a FULL HOUSE..

Great meeting all of you.. and great conversation.

I'll see some of you tomorrow at the range!

Fire is all that's on the news down here now..

--Rob

MTBWolf

Yep it was a great time and GREAT food also, after I left I headed to Woodland Park to help a friend install some water sprinklers around his property just in case the fire heads towards his home. But he is up off of HWY 67 so he is far enough away that the fire would have to spread real quick to get to Woodland Park. At the time they have the nut job driving around Teller County starting fires in that area (20 so far this week in that area) and word on the street its the same person or people that started this one, but that has not been confirmed as of yet. Oh well but it was GREAT to put names with faces today, cannot wait till the next event.

Have a GREAT Evening ALL!!!!

MTBWolf (William)

SpringsColt

Great turn out, I felt like I was late in arriving, as the whole shindig was well underway by the time I got there. It was real nice meeting everyone, wish that we had more time to spend, as I didn't really get to talk to everyone individually. (Such is the life of a Dad. So it goes.) I will do my best to attend any upcoming events around these parts, sounds like there might be one up 1-25 in castle Rock here shortly....

See you all there!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Ya know what made this a terrific meet and greet?
You folks!
Each one who came out with their own unique perspective, point of view, set of experiences and appreciation of open carry.

We had one young man who was visiting Colorado from South Dakota. He checked out OC in Colorado on the forum and noticed the Meet and Greet in the Springs and came to join our merry band. He's a terrific young fellow and we all felt like he was a long lost friend who'd rejoined the outfit after a long absence. He fit right in!

We also had an ""OC curious" or two that came to learn more about OC in Colorado. I believe the meet and greet was an excellent opportunity to meet people who OC, learn more by asking questions, and prepare to embark on their own OC experience.

One thing I've learned through these Meet and Greets....
Folks who carry tend to be some of the most ready with a smile, an open hand to shake, and a tale or two to share!

This was a really fun M&G, and the folks who attended made it so!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

CrackerJax

Nice meeting you...

We, too, arrived to a full house. Didn't really get to talk to some of the folks. But it was great chatting and discussing with others. Looking forward to the next shindig.

Jax

widowman10

very nice to put faces with names. wife and i had a great time talking with y'all.

widowman / brian

AcePlayerDeluxe

Late to the party and new to the forum... I have been trying to keep an eye out on when the next M&G in the Springs is and sure enough as soon as I look away there is a M&G. .. So uh when is the next one? :D

I started OC'ing not too long ago. Since then I have been reading everything I can about it. Would love to meet up with you guys at the next one (as well as a couple other buddies of mine). I will keep watching.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Late to the party and new to the forum... I have been trying to keep an eye out on when the next M&G in the Springs is and sure enough as soon as I look away there is a M&G. .. So uh when is the next one? :D

I started OC'ing not too long ago. Since then I have been reading everything I can about it. Would love to meet up with you guys at the next one (as well as a couple other buddies of mine). I will keep watching.

Howdy Pard!
I am planning a M&G for Castle Rock/Parker area to take place in the 1st 2 weeks of July. Another regular member has a friend coming from Memphis and we are waiting to learn when that individual will be in town with an eye toward holding that event while his friend is here.

As for the next one for Colorado Springs, I'm hoping to host one like July 28th, but haven't made plans yet.

Keep an eye on the Colorado board for information on any I plan, but there are a couple of other guys who also will throw a M&G and may decide to do one before that particular date I have in mind.

Anybody can start up a M&G, it just happens that I really enjoy them, so like to spawn one off every few weeks.
(Sorry, the only words I could fetch from the cobwebs and probably generates an image you never wanted to contemplate, but gets the message across.)

Blessings,
M-Taliesin