Thread: M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening happens in Bastrop County

M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening happens in Bastrop County

It's apparently not a GMO grass, but just a hybrid, same as most of the vegetables we eat.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gmo-...cally-modified

Yeah, I'll trust anyone defending GMO and Big AG

My point being, anyone can write for the Examiner, and the 'author's say so without compelling evidence does not convince me.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    It's apparently not a GMO grass, but just a hybrid, same as most of the vegetables we eat.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gmo-...cally-modified
    The point of creating a hybrid is to modify the item in a way that otherwise couldn't happen which causes a change of the thing's genetics... GMO vs Hybrid is simply a word war to make something sound better/different similar, to calling things like a Glock or XD(m) a DA gun instead of SA.
    Last edited by Aknazer; 06-24-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    My point being, anyone can write for the Examiner, and the 'author's say so without compelling evidence does not convince me.
    Are you more persuaded by someone writing for CBS News? Like, maybe this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    The point of creating a hybrid is to modify the item in a way that otherwise couldn't happen which causes a change of the thing's genetics... GMO vs Hybrid is simply a word war to make something sound better/different similar, to calling things like a Glock or XD(m) a DA gun instead of SA.
    I agree, and I've tried making the same point to the GMO chicken littles, but they're proclaiming a fear here that apparently doesn't even meet their own definition.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Are you more persuaded by someone writing for CBS News? Like, maybe this guy?
    Nope.

I am highly suspicious anyone working for, promoting, defending, or otherwise in bed with, government, big AG, pharmaceutical companies and the like. They have a vested interest in protecting their product from criticism, and therefore cannot be honest or objective.

It also goes to say I am suspicious of anything I did not grow or make myself; just because it is local does not make it automatically trustworthy, but I'd rather take my chances with my local Farmer's Market rather than Monsanto.

I agree PistolPackingMomma. What is hard to believe though, is that these same corporations that comply with genetically altered food bans in Europe and other countries, peddle their poisons here at home. Monsanto is evil.
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören