• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening happens in Bastrop County

PistolPackingMomma

Yeah, I'll trust anyone defending GMO and Big AG :rolleyes:

My point being, anyone can write for the Examiner, and the 'author's say so without compelling evidence does not convince me.

Aknazer

It's apparently not a GMO grass, but just a hybrid, same as most of the vegetables we eat.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gmo...t-kills-texas-cattle-not-genetically-modified

The point of creating a hybrid is to modify the item in a way that otherwise couldn't happen which causes a change of the thing's genetics... GMO vs Hybrid is simply a word war to make something sound better/different similar, to calling things like a Glock or XD(m) a DA gun instead of SA.

Last edited:

KBCraig

The point of creating a hybrid is to modify the item in a way that otherwise couldn't happen which causes a change of the thing's genetics... GMO vs Hybrid is simply a word war to make something sound better/different similar, to calling things like a Glock or XD(m) a DA gun instead of SA.
I agree, and I've tried making the same point to the GMO chicken littles, but they're proclaiming a fear here that apparently doesn't even meet their own definition.

PistolPackingMomma

Are you more persuaded by someone writing for CBS News? Like, maybe this guy?

Nope.

I am highly suspicious anyone working for, promoting, defending, or otherwise in bed with, government, big AG, pharmaceutical companies and the like. They have a vested interest in protecting their product from criticism, and therefore cannot be honest or objective.

It also goes to say I am suspicious of anything I did not grow or make myself; just because it is local does not make it automatically trustworthy, but I'd rather take my chances with my local Farmer's Market rather than Monsanto.

WOD

I agree PistolPackingMomma. What is hard to believe though, is that these same corporations that comply with genetically altered food bans in Europe and other countries, peddle their poisons here at home. Monsanto is evil.