Thread: If only Europe had guns!

If only Europe had guns!

Last edited by Jack House; 06-24-2012 at 01:39 AM.

After reading the article it's not really as good as it sounds. It just allows you to use your "sick" days while on vacation. As some of the comments say, it really isn't much different than people who use sick days to take a vacation in the US (and I've known plenty of people to do that). In fact I believe my dad was "forced" to take some "sick days" or else he was going to start losing them.

The mandatory 4-6 weeks of vacation time doesn't hurt though.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    There is no way in hell I'd ever give so much as a smidgen of thought to moving out of America. Especially to Europe.

Unless it ceased to exist as America.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 06-24-2012 at 07:43 AM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    The mandatory 4-6 weeks of vacation time doesn't hurt though.
    \

I am not for any government mandating anything between consenting adults.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    \

I will agree with your statement. Now for the however part. You're implying that corporations are human/adults.

I can see regulating the hell out of a corporation seeing as how they only exist with permission of government in the first place. As for regulation a small business where the business is ran and owned by a human/real person then the government could only regulate those parts that would be unlawful acts EG dumping waste into a river, hiring hit men, destruction of property owned by other people, etc. I have a right to contract with anyone who is willing to contract with me so long as the contract is not for the purposes of criminal activity. Now a corporation on the other hand is a criminal enterprise that exists by the grace of the government so the government can regulate it's interactions on all levels. A private non-corporate business on the other hand it a RIGHT not a privilege and so you're argument would apply.

Minimum wage should not be a law at all. If someone is willing to work at a lower pay scale for education/experience that should be between two adults. For instance if I was willing to work at an engineering firm for 3 bucks an hour in exchange they cut me slack while learning new software/computer type/material application etc while I gain experience that would make me more valuable to that business or to some other business that would seem fair to me.

It sounds better than conventional colleges almost like an experimental business model that the government would prevent from working.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    \

I get it, you, and Romney believe that Corporations are People too. 4-6 weeks of mandatory vacation is the right thing to do
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    I will agree with your statement. Now for the however part. You're implying that corporations are human/adults.

I can see regulating the hell out of a corporation seeing as how they only exist with permission of government in the first place. As for regulation a small business where the business is ran and owned by a human/real person then the government could only regulate those parts that would be unlawful acts EG dumping waste into a river, hiring hit men, destruction of property owned by other people, etc. I have a right to contract with anyone who is willing to contract with me so long as the contract is not for the purposes of criminal activity. Now a corporation on the other hand is a criminal enterprise that exists by the grace of the government so the government can regulate it's interactions on all levels. A private non-corporate business on the other hand it a RIGHT not a privilege and so you're argument would apply.

Minimum wage should not be a law at all. If someone is willing to work at a lower pay scale for education/experience that should be between two adults. For instance if I was willing to work at an engineering firm for 3 bucks an hour in exchange they cut me slack while learning new software/computer type/material application etc while I gain experience that would make me more valuable to that business or to some other business that would seem fair to me.

It sounds better than conventional colleges almost like an experimental business model that the government would prevent from working.
    Not knowing much in the way of corporate law, I was under the impression they were sill owned by people who formed them to receive some sort of benefits of doing business with insurance companies, tax exemptions, licensing etc. I worked for a small business that incorporated. It still had the same owner, and got a little bigger with new trucks and equipment shortly after. I haven't had a negative oppinion of corporations in general. It's when their owners commit illegal act I have a problem.

Otherwise I agree with you.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    Not knowing much in the way of corporate law, I was under the impression they were sill owned by people who formed them to receive some sort of benefits of doing business with insurance companies, tax exemptions, licensing etc. I worked for a small business that incorporated. It still had the same owner, and got a little bigger with new trucks and equipment shortly after. I haven't had a negative opinion of corporations in general. It's when their owners commit illegal act I have a problem.

Otherwise I agree with you.

Corporations are legally people in court. Their origin is for another time. Their current incarnation however is to be able to steal from their neighbors.
    If someone works for a corporation and is told to dump sludge in a river if they don't they get fired and then if they get caught the corporation pays. If a non-corporate business does the same thing the person can say no and then 'drop a dime' on the business owner/manager for giving them that order to do something illegal. Sure they may lose their job but if they did it and got caught they would be going to jail instead of just losing their job.

A corporation can take out millions in loans pay the president of the corporation and then go bankrupt and 'die.' Leaving the millions in that hands of the president of the corporation. All legal too. If a non-corporate business crashes the owner is responsible for any outstanding debts.

A corporation can't go to jail like a human can, but to the courts corporations are real people.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)