• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If only Europe had guns!

Aknazer

After reading the article it's not really as good as it sounds. It just allows you to use your "sick" days while on vacation. As some of the comments say, it really isn't much different than people who use sick days to take a vacation in the US (and I've known plenty of people to do that). In fact I believe my dad was "forced" to take some "sick days" or else he was going to start losing them.

Freedom1Man

\

I am not for any government mandating anything between consenting adults.

I will agree with your statement. Now for the however part. You're implying that corporations are human/adults.

I can see regulating the hell out of a corporation seeing as how they only exist with permission of government in the first place. As for regulation a small business where the business is ran and owned by a human/real person then the government could only regulate those parts that would be unlawful acts EG dumping waste into a river, hiring hit men, destruction of property owned by other people, etc. I have a right to contract with anyone who is willing to contract with me so long as the contract is not for the purposes of criminal activity. Now a corporation on the other hand is a criminal enterprise that exists by the grace of the government so the government can regulate it's interactions on all levels. A private non-corporate business on the other hand it a RIGHT not a privilege and so you're argument would apply.

Minimum wage should not be a law at all. If someone is willing to work at a lower pay scale for education/experience that should be between two adults. For instance if I was willing to work at an engineering firm for 3 bucks an hour in exchange they cut me slack while learning new software/computer type/material application etc while I gain experience that would make me more valuable to that business or to some other business that would seem fair to me.

It sounds better than conventional colleges almost like an experimental business model that the government would prevent from working.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I will agree with your statement. Now for the however part. You're implying that corporations are human/adults.

I can see regulating the hell out of a corporation seeing as how they only exist with permission of government in the first place. As for regulation a small business where the business is ran and owned by a human/real person then the government could only regulate those parts that would be unlawful acts EG dumping waste into a river, hiring hit men, destruction of property owned by other people, etc. I have a right to contract with anyone who is willing to contract with me so long as the contract is not for the purposes of criminal activity. Now a corporation on the other hand is a criminal enterprise that exists by the grace of the government so the government can regulate it's interactions on all levels. A private non-corporate business on the other hand it a RIGHT not a privilege and so you're argument would apply.

Minimum wage should not be a law at all. If someone is willing to work at a lower pay scale for education/experience that should be between two adults. For instance if I was willing to work at an engineering firm for 3 bucks an hour in exchange they cut me slack while learning new software/computer type/material application etc while I gain experience that would make me more valuable to that business or to some other business that would seem fair to me.

It sounds better than conventional colleges almost like an experimental business model that the government would prevent from working.

Not knowing much in the way of corporate law, I was under the impression they were sill owned by people who formed them to receive some sort of benefits of doing business with insurance companies, tax exemptions, licensing etc. I worked for a small business that incorporated. It still had the same owner, and got a little bigger with new trucks and equipment shortly after. I haven't had a negative oppinion of corporations in general. It's when their owners commit illegal act I have a problem.

Otherwise I agree with you.

Freedom1Man

Not knowing much in the way of corporate law, I was under the impression they were sill owned by people who formed them to receive some sort of benefits of doing business with insurance companies, tax exemptions, licensing etc. I worked for a small business that incorporated. It still had the same owner, and got a little bigger with new trucks and equipment shortly after. I haven't had a negative opinion of corporations in general. It's when their owners commit illegal act I have a problem.

Otherwise I agree with you.

Corporations are legally people in court. Their origin is for another time. Their current incarnation however is to be able to steal from their neighbors.
If someone works for a corporation and is told to dump sludge in a river if they don't they get fired and then if they get caught the corporation pays. If a non-corporate business does the same thing the person can say no and then 'drop a dime' on the business owner/manager for giving them that order to do something illegal. Sure they may lose their job but if they did it and got caught they would be going to jail instead of just losing their job.

A corporation can take out millions in loans pay the president of the corporation and then go bankrupt and 'die.' Leaving the millions in that hands of the president of the corporation. All legal too. If a non-corporate business crashes the owner is responsible for any outstanding debts.

A corporation can't go to jail like a human can, but to the courts corporations are real people.