Thread: Not happy with police conduct...

Not happy with police conduct...

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/0...pite-my-permit

All of the facts aren't out and so far this is a one-sided statement because police haven't spoken yet but if what I think is true, this is pathetic. This man was beat by police after he stated he had a permit to carry. I find this article disturbing and I feel that those cops involved aren't fit to wear the shield... They did a number on this guys face too. Excessive force? I feel like calling upon people with permits to take a trip with me to downtown...
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." -Thomas Jefferson

Here's another article. So far, this sounds like a serious 42 USC § 1983 violation. Additionally, if the facts prove Mr. King's statements, then the officers involved should be criminally charged with felony assault.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/i-th...-to-the-blaze/

I wish Mr. King a speedy recovery and hope justice is served.

Where is Al Sharpton on this one? Oh wait, it involves someone legally exercising their 2A rights.... nevermind. "Rev. Al Sharpton is calling for an end to gun possession in African-American communities." http://newsone.com/1616435/al-sharpton-gun-laws/
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Not another story of cops beating an innocent black man ... very surprising story. Likely had zero to do with him having a permit or gun ... just a standard beat-down.

Blacks should be the ones supporting the 2nd amendment, not saying that only the po po should have guns....

I always thought that gun control laws = black control laws ... sad it still happens

The Racist Roots of Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Blacks should be the ones supporting the 2nd amendment...
    Indeed.

http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.racism.html
    http://blackrepublican.blogspot.com/...rigins-of.html
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

and other minorities. Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO.org) haven't forgotten the success of Jews to stand against the Nazis in the (Warsaw?) ghetto...

McX
    Wisconsin supposedly has written into it's new CC/OC laws that the police cant use excessive force against a license holder solely because they are a license holder. sounds kinda vague to me, and i havent figured out who exactly is supposed to handle any complaints, or hand out punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Wisconsin supposedly has written into it's new CC/OC laws that the police cant use excessive force against a license holder solely because they are a license holder. sounds kinda vague to me, and i havent figured out who exactly is supposed to handle any complaints, or hand out punishment.
    Exactly who is it that they are allowed to use excessive force on?
    Last edited by gutshot; 06-30-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Samuel Adams

Apparently, anyone who's not a licensee.
    Milwaukee police regularly get away with various forceful crimes... er, um, well, they're not really crimes because they're done by police, but you understand what I mean.

Most recent cases in the news were strip searches on the street,
    and video (from bystanders' cell phones) of a cop who had someone prone, with another officer apparently sitting on the victims back, hitting the victim twice in the head with his fist, which pounded his head against the pavement.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

6 years ago Sgt Karl Thompson of the Spokane beat Otto Zehm (white, but Downs) to the point he died in hospital a couple days later. He was never charged by Spokane, but the Feds got him...Thompson was finally conviced of use of excessive force 5 years after it happened...the really sick thing is,,,Thompson has still not seen the inside of a prison, and the conviction was over a year ago. (out on appeal)
    Last edited by hermannr; 07-10-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Wow! Glad I don't get to the cities often! Then again, some of the LEO's up here aren't much better.

I need to visit the forum more often!

HB

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Evertz View Post
    Not happy with police conduct...
    This title struck me very funny! Isn't the term "police conduct" just short for "police misconduct"?

Kinda reminds my of this Futurama line: You know what the worst thing about being a slave is? They make you work all day but they don't pay you or let you go.
    Gun Control:
    Obama-
    “I just want you to know we’re working on it. We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

Romney-
    "I would have supported the original assault weapon ban"
    In 2004, Gov. Romney signed a firearms reform bill that made permanent the ban on assault weapons and steeply increased fees on gun owners by 400%

Gary Johnson-
    "I don't believe there should be any restrictions when it comes to firearms. None."
    "If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns."