• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not happy with police conduct...

USMC1986

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/06/23/mpls-man-police-beat-me-for-gun-despite-my-permit

All of the facts aren't out and so far this is a one-sided statement because police haven't spoken yet but if what I think is true, this is pathetic. This man was beat by police after he stated he had a permit to carry. I find this article disturbing and I feel that those cops involved aren't fit to wear the shield... They did a number on this guys face too. Excessive force? I feel like calling upon people with permits to take a trip with me to downtown...

Freiheit417

Here's another article. So far, this sounds like a serious 42 USC § 1983 violation. Additionally, if the facts prove Mr. King's statements, then the officers involved should be criminally charged with felony assault.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/i-t...rrying-legal-gives-more-details-to-the-blaze/

I wish Mr. King a speedy recovery and hope justice is served.

Where is Al Sharpton on this one? Oh wait, it involves someone legally exercising their 2A rights.... nevermind. "Rev. Al Sharpton is calling for an end to gun possession in African-American communities." http://newsone.com/1616435/al-sharpton-gun-laws/

davidmcbeth

Banned
Not another story of cops beating an innocent black man ... very surprising story. Likely had zero to do with him having a permit or gun ... just a standard beat-down.

Blacks should be the ones supporting the 2nd amendment, not saying that only the po po should have guns....

I always thought that gun control laws = black control laws ... sad it still happens

M

McX

Wisconsin supposedly has written into it's new CC/OC laws that the police cant use excessive force against a license holder solely because they are a license holder. sounds kinda vague to me, and i havent figured out who exactly is supposed to handle any complaints, or hand out punishment.

MKEgal

Apparently, anyone who's not a licensee.
Milwaukee police regularly get away with various forceful crimes... er, um, well, they're not really crimes because they're done by police, but you understand what I mean.

Most recent cases in the news were strip searches on the street,
and video (from bystanders' cell phones) of a cop who had someone prone, with another officer apparently sitting on the victims back, hitting the victim twice in the head with his fist, which pounded his head against the pavement.

hermannr

6 years ago Sgt Karl Thompson of the Spokane beat Otto Zehm (white, but Downs) to the point he died in hospital a couple days later. He was never charged by Spokane, but the Feds got him...Thompson was finally conviced of use of excessive force 5 years after it happened...the really sick thing is,,,Thompson has still not seen the inside of a prison, and the conviction was over a year ago. (out on appeal)

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Not happy with police conduct...

This title struck me very funny! Isn't the term "police conduct" just short for "police misconduct"?

Kinda reminds my of this Futurama line: You know what the worst thing about being a slave is? They make you work all day but they don't pay you or let you go.