• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

early morning encounter

Bellum_Intus

Thank you for your service. Not sure what it has to do with the topic at hand though.

I think you read something that was not there.

And this again. Sorry to disappoint but I am not going anywhere. What ever will you do when we move out there next Spring? You don't want me here, there is a report button at the bottom of each post and an ignore feature. You are welcome to use either or both.

If MT is your role model, I feel very sorry for you. You may have missed THIS thread where MT belittles a cashier for not respecting his expensive hat.

This forum is not YOUR neck of the woods. This site is owned by John and Mike. We are all their guests.

True. not mine, and MT is not MY role model, however, I do not like flaming people over an opinion.. sorry if I went off a bit, rare thing for me..
I just don't like personal attacks on a public forum..

As far as the "our neck of the woods" .. meaning Colorado, not these forums.. we're typically not 'aggressive' in these parts.. we leave that for the Rahm lovers up north..

I never intended for you to 'leave' .. I don't 'report' anyone for anything, on any forums..

Anyway..

--Rob

[[Edit to add]] the reference to my military service was to state we're all advocates, and NOBODY is "special" .. :p

Thank you for the 'thank you' .. regardess of the thread banter.. I appreciate that

Last edited:

Kingfish

[[Edit to add]] the reference to my military service was to state we're all advocates, and NOBODY is "special" .. :p
I have a large amount of respect for you sir. I do appreciate your advocacy. The thing is that MT does think HE is special because of his hat among other things. As I read his posts they always reference his things. Be it his hat, boots, "Jeep", gold, etc and he demands respect because of them.

Bellum_Intus

I have a large amount of respect for you sir. I do appreciate your advocacy. The thing is that MT does think HE is special because of his hat among other things. As I read his posts they always reference his things. Be it his hat, boots, "Jeep", gold, etc and he demands respect because of them.

Eh, it is what it is.. =) Millions of us served. :p

Anyway, I should actually post about the thread ...
Spidey senses.. I call it, 'does the situation pass the hair on the neck test' .. if I get a feeling, I typically listen.. good job on identifying a situation, I do agree with most that the firearm was a bit mis-located..

-Rob

Bellum_Intus

Right...

You did as well as anyone would I suspect. Good job keeping your wits about you.

Pretty much!

It's difficult to say what one would do unless you are in the situation at the time.. he did well.

Hell, the first time the SHTF around me I was *SUPRISED* the training just kicked in.. wasn't till afterwards that I was .. wth just happened lol..

--Rob

M-Taliesin

You are right. I should have used the word "questioning" instead of "arguing". Your line "As for the "Brother's Keeper" line being crap, I just sorta figured you lived by the book. " was directed to a great woman in the fight for liberty.

Howdy Amigo!
Thank you for at least acknowledging that I did question rather than argue.
As to the 2nd part, I wouldn't figure my reaction should need to be explained, but evidently, what seemed obvious to me was not so for you.
When somebody refers to a line taken directly from the book as crap.... well.... I can't help but find that just a bit offensive.
Maybe she doesn't live by the book. I have no idea what her spiritual leanings might be, so my assumption that she "lived by the book" could be entirely wrong.

You are saying with this line that she does not and that is not your call to make.

I don't believe that's correct. She said it herself, and I merely noted it. It was her call to make, and that was acknowledged by me in my response
"everyone must decide on their own". Or did you miss that, or merely interpret to fit your particular attitude?

You can take your expensive boots, hat, gun, Jeep (which is not a Jeep at all - a KJ -Kiddie Jeep-), checkbook and holier than thou attitude and...

What "holier than thou" attitude do you refer. I very seldom speak of spiritual values. I'm more of a "see your neighbor in need, do what you can to help out!" sort of guy. If that makes me "holier than thou", then perhaps I am guilty if it means that I am alone in my view that we help our neighbors here in Colorado.
Somebody has a seizure in the street, and I'm there to render aid.
Somebody has a heart attack and I jump in to do CPR.
Somebody is broken down beside the road, and I stop to see if they need anything.
Somebody needs a few bucks to get through a rough patch, I do what I can. I've done so many times.
A few days ago, I picked up a stranger nobody else would help when the temperature was well over 100 degrees.
Not only got him to the nearest bus stop, but went beyond that to drop him off at a location far closer to his home.
Why? Because I have an expensive hat? (still floors me that everybody understands the joke.... except you!)
I will, as I have always done, take a stand when I see a woman being abused, or a child being coaxed to get into a stranger's car.
Do I have any such obligation to do any of those things? No. I have no such obligation. But I do have a real strong sense of what is right.
That includes making a report to the local P.D. when an incident takes place like the OP described, so the next person they set to prey upon isn't harmed.
It is a little thing to take a few minutes to make report so P.D. can keep an eye on the area. It costs nothing, but a little time.
Many old timer Coloradoans do as I do. I learned it from living here. Lessons in being neighborly from my Colorado neighbors.
And lest you think I brag about things I do for my community, this is not boasting. I do things far more significant but see no need to tout.
Those whom I've helped know me, in ways you haven't concern to know.
Those who live because I interceded to prevent their death know me, as you obviously wouldn't care to hear.
And I do not believe I need to answer to you or anybody else on this mortal coil, regardless of how you judge another.

It also costs nothing to be nice to others.
But I don't believe you'd appreciate that.
Because all you offer is a whole slough of insult and flaming.
Why?

As for being a role model for anybody else, I'd really love to see your quote where I ever claimed to be anything of the kind?
I'll wager a Morgan silver dollar you won't find it anywhere on the forum.
Judge others, as you like, because by equal measure are you judged in turn!
No, not by me. I have more pressing matters at hand.
And it isn't my call anyhow.
Any more than your pronouncements on me are your call either.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin