Thread: Got to shoot the Smith & Wesson 500 Magnum

Got to shoot the Smith & Wesson 500 Magnum

Went to the range yesterday with some friends, actually it was two other members here (insanebuddy720 and adams182), I'm the one in the black shirt, someone had the idea to shoot the 500 and we all decided to go in on it together and it was quite a blast (no pun intended). If you get the chance to shoot one of these dont pass it up!

The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    muzzle awareness?
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Once got to fire a friends 458 Win Mag Ruger #1 rifle... That's not a rifle, it's small artillery!!
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

All three of you pointed the muzzle towards the lane to your left when opening the cylinder (I am guessing to eject the spent round).

There is what looks like a ballistic panel mounted on the wall there, with what looks like bullet impacts. That tells me you were not the first to point at the lane to your left. But at least you did not actually shoot at that lane.

"The Rules" exist for a reason. While you seemed to be enjoying yourselves, you were merely lucky that you managed not to violate enough of "The Rules" to cause either embarassment or tragedy.

And in full disclosure, I have been there/done that myself. But not lately.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    I wish I would have known, I would have asked you for one of the empties. I have a little collection of different calibers growing.

I love mine. It is the 8 3/8 inch model. I love shooting it at the range because everyone stops to see the hand cannon. Its is expensive to shot, around $2.50 a trigger pull.

send using the power of my thumbs

Quote Originally Posted by Yance View Post
    Went to the range yesterday with some friends, actually it was two other members here (insanebuddy720 and adams182), I'm the one in the black shirt, someone had the idea to shoot the 500 and we all decided to go in on it together and it was quite a blast (no pun intended). If you get the chance to shoot one of these dont pass it up!
    sorry I missed it. By the time the kids got dropped off all over town it was 5:40 and I was still north of lansing. But now i am really sad I missed it.

I've shot that thing once....that's enough for me. The size if the gun + the size of my hand leaves the trigger guard resting right on my middle finger knuckle. One shot and it was bruised quite nicely.

I recently picked up a Taurus Raging Bull in .454. It's much more comfortable to shoot.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine