Thread: Ron Paul - Good News, Bad News - Continued Need for More Common Sense

Ron Paul - Good News, Bad News - Continued Need for More Common Sense

Wild Bill for America just released a Ron Paulisms video that nails the issue:

"Some of the Ron Paul worshipers may have seen the light and realize that if they vote for Ron Paul in the election, they may well be responsible for inflicting four more years of Obama on our nation."

Some of you might ask, "How so?" It's simple. If Obama is the worst candidate for our country, yet is elected for a second term, the following people are equally responsible:

1. Those who voted for Obama
    2. Those who would not have voted for Obama, but who did not vote for the only candidate who had any chance of beating Obama.

Choice #1 is self-evidence. Choice #2 includes both those who would have voted for Romney but who stayed home from the polls, as well as those who did cast a vote but for someone who wasn't on the ballot in the first place. Some folks cannot understand why #2 is quantitatively identical to #1. Fortunately, a little thought experiment shows why:

Let's say Obama is winning, 11-10. Three Ron Paul supporters arrive at the poll just under the wire and cast their vote for Ron Paul. Result: Obama - 11, Romney - 10, Ron Paul - 3. Result: Obama wins 11-10.

Now, let's say those three Ron Paul supporters stay home, instead. The result is the same: Obama wins 11-10.

Whether your pro-Romne, pro-Republican, or simply anti-Obama, we all agree that Obama MUST go. The question is how best to achieve that goal. Continuing with our thought experiment, two of those Ron Paul supporters have seen the light and agree to cast their vote for the only one running against Obama who has any chance of winning.

Result: Romney wins, 12-11.

No, Romney is no Ron Paul. The good news is the Obama is DEFEATED.

"I salute those Ron Paul supporters who have decided to put the good of their country above their obsessive candidate worship, and now say they will stand against Obama and his assault on America."[/I][/INDENT]

Everyone's vote is a priceless, precious gift from on high that's been recognized as a right by our Constitution and its amendments. When we use our votes wisely, our country prospers. But if throw it away, or fail to use it at all, we squander our opportunity to get rid of the garbage.

I will put my vote where I think it will do the most good for my country. If the Ron Paul supporters want to win people to their side, they better stop spitting in the faces of genuine American Patriots who love this country as much as anyone.

Well said, Wild Bill. Well said!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I'm not sure why it has become common among those who hold and practice the principle of liberty to say that Romney will worsen the nation more slowly. I don't believe that to be true at all. I evaluate Obama and Romney as being equally bad for the nation, and equally unrepresentative of me. You think that if I vote for Ron Paul, I'm taking a vote away from Mitt Romney. There has never been a choice, for me, between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. There is no circumstance under which I would vote for Mitt Romney. The Republican party is not a fall-back or a default or a lesser-of-two-evils option for me. I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat; I will vote for neither.

I vote for the person I think adequately represents me. If there is no such candidate officially on the ballot, I write in the name of someone who qualifies. No one holds claim to my vote. No one may suppose that, if I had to choose between a Republican or Democrat, I would choose one or the other. I am not yours; my vote is mine alone.

Play your silly games with your pretend election numbers. Leave my vote out of it; it was never up for the claiming.

This sh!t again?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    I'm not sure why it has become common among those who hold and practice the principle of liberty to say that Romney will worsen the nation more slowly. I don't believe that to be true at all. I evaluate Obama and Romney as being equally bad for the nation, and equally unrepresentative of me. You think that if I vote for Ron Paul, I'm taking a vote away from Mitt Romney. There has never been a choice, for me, between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. There is no circumstance under which I would vote for Mitt Romney. The Republican party is not a fall-back or a default or a lesser-of-two-evils option for me. I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat; I will vote for neither.

I vote for the person I think adequately represents me. If there is no such candidate officially on the ballot, I write in the name of someone who qualifies. No one holds claim to my vote. No one may suppose that, if I had to choose between a Republican or Democrat, I would choose one or the other. I am not yours; my vote is mine alone.

Play your silly games with your pretend election numbers. Leave my vote out of it; it was never up for the claiming.
    +1

I will not vote to afflict my fellow Americans with either one of these two thieving, perhaps murderous, statist thugs. There is nobody in the whole country I hate so much that I would inflict on them either Rombama or Obamney.

The Republicrats and Democans are just two wings of the same party--the government party. Over the last 30-40 years, it didn't matter which held the most power (notice that neither one is ever really out of power), the debt went up, government expanded, and freedom contracted.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    This sh!t again?
    Looks like it.

But, hey! Think of all the readers who have not come to realize that both major parties screw the country. Here's another chance to educate those readers.

Bring it on, I say.
    Last edited by Citizen; 06-24-2012 at 06:41 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I suppose I've just become weary of repeating this type of thread every few weeks. Some folks seem hell bent on 'converting' us liberty lovers into following the status quo, even if they have to "guilt" or "boogeyman" us into it.

But there are always those on the fence that should be exposed to both sides of the argument, so yes, we should continue the education.

It's more that people who genuinely know better, but are too timid to vote on principle, want those who do vote on principle to buckle, to assuage their guilty consciences. There are genuine Republicans, and some on this forum, but the people who participate in these threads know better; they're just not confident, yet. Eventually, the preponderance of evidence will force them to confront the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Wild Bill for America just released a Ron Paulisms video that nails the issue:

"Some of the Ron Paul worshipers may have seen the light and realize that if they vote for Ron Paul in the election, they may well be responsible for inflicting four more years of Obama on our nation."
    These people that are spending all their efforts to defeat Obama just to put someone in office with the same values as Obama entertain me. It's like, what's the point? They would vote for Obama if he was on the republican ticket wearing a disguise and under a different name just to defeat Obama.

Vote freedom first, so when big government is still big government your hands are clean. Don't complain about big government or GUN CONTROL when YOU VOTED FOR MITT ASSAULTWEAPONSBAN ROMNEY.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I suppose I've just become weary of repeating this type of thread every few weeks. Some folks seem hell bent on 'converting' us liberty lovers into following the status quo, even if they have to "guilt" or "boogeyman" us into it.

But there are always those on the fence that should be exposed to both sides of the argument, so yes, we should continue the education.
    Damn right, it's really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    They would vote for Obama if he was on the republican ticket wearing a disguise and under a different name just to defeat Obama.
    Copyright infringement! I demand full credits and 90% royalties on this statement!
    Last edited by Jack House; 06-25-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Ron Paul is what....76 y/o? He ain't long for this world and won't be around for you RonPaulistas to vote for in 2016. Start looking for a new candidate that won't have a chance in hell in 2016.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I will not be shamed into voting for a candidate in which I have no faith in.

Vote for liberty, not against Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I can not, in good conscience, NOT vote for the candidate I think is the best choice for the country. MSNBC's nor FOX's instructions to me on whom to vote for get any consideration.

Voting for a party, rather than the best candidate, IMHO is just as bad as the common practice of politicians voting for laws based on party popularity, or career longevity instead of what is best for the people.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Ron Paul is what....76 y/o? He ain't long for this world and won't be around for you RonPaulistas to vote for in 2016. Start looking for a new candidate that won't have a chance in hell in 2016.
    Even Rand Paul supports Romney over Obama, yet the comments I saw on Yahoo attacking Rand were so much more over the top than anything these people say about obozo I have to conclude they're more interested in fractioning the conservative vote than promoting an end to the obozo regime. For all their blustering, we'll see how many votes outside of bam and rom actually get entered in Nov. I suspect it will be just as marginal or less than it was in the primaries.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...