Thread: Denny's

Thumbs up Denny's

I think we need to pay them a visit!!!

Denny’s restaurants, a diner chain famous for being open every hour of every day, earlier this month released a commercial titled “Greatness,” which asks what makes America great, only to answer with – among other things – the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

I saw that commercial as well, and seemed a majority of the things they mentioned were 2A related.

The elderly woman says, "Our constitutional right to keep and bear arms," after his children do the Freedom of Speech spiel.

I too, even though I worked there as a teen, would be willing to pay them a visit, sober (as most times were LATE and drunk, pancake cravings ;o)

Best thing is we can go ANY time we want.

This thread saddens me.... I spent MANY MANY hours in my local Dennys while I was in high school, drinking coffee throughout the night and BSing with friends. Then I go and join the army and leave my hometown for 4 years... I come home and the Dennys has been shut down and the building leveled... (apparently there were ALOT of health code violations so they were shut down...) But I still miss it and get sad when someone mentions Dennys...LOL

I have not seen this commercial but that is awesome that they are taking the stance that they are towards our rights..Thanks for the share...Just another reason to love Dennys...When i can go to one.

Denny's on Blue Ridge Blvd in Raytown does not allow weapons. Maybe I should ask the manager about this...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

It's probably just a way to bring in 4th of July business, and not the actual stance of the restaurant.

I'll have to check the one near my home. AFAIK it's 2A friendly, but I haven't been there in quite a while so I'm not sure.

Glad to hear the ad is running though.

No Denny's by me. Have to go to Joplin or Branson for the closest; and Branson is not OC friendly.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Come on over to the Troy, MO Denny's.

Have OC'ed there on a regular basis and have never had a problem. Once had a woman complain vociferously to the manager about my OC 1911 so everyone in the place could hear her....

...manager kicked her out. People clapped.

Gawd, I love Denny's.

Darn, we don't have a Denny's close by, but I do OC in IHOP and they never blink. Maybe this will start a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    Come on over to the Troy, MO Denny's.

Have OC'ed there on a regular basis and have never had a problem. Once had a woman complain vociferously to the manager about my OC 1911 so everyone in the place could hear her....

...manager kicked her out. People clapped.

Gawd, I love Denny's.
    Dude, please tell me you have video of that! Wish I could have seen it.

I have OC'ed in the Denny's in North Kansas City a good handful of times now with no problems.
    "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it." -John Adams

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches." -Benjamin Franklin

Makes me sad, the Rolla Denny's closed up, problems with health code and staff not doing proper cleaning causing health code issues the owner just gave up before he started to lose money. Closest Denny's is Sullivan, about 40 miles away, only thing Rolla really has now is Huddle House and Waffle House.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgangmob View Post
    Makes me sad, the Rolla Denny's closed up, problems with health code and staff not doing proper cleaning causing health code issues the owner just gave up before he started to lose money. Closest Denny's is Sullivan, about 40 miles away, only thing Rolla really has now is Huddle House and Waffle House.
    LOL, we have always called the Waffle House here Barf House, maybe they are much better there.

Don't complain, you still have Alex's...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    Don't complain, you still have Alex's...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    True, I like their pizza's but the price is kind of high and I grew up by a place that made their pizzas from scratch, dough was made up that day, sauce was actually made from scratch, all the cheese was real as was the meat, so real the meat lovers' pizza has to be specially boxed otherwise the grease will make the bottom fall out! That place had people drive from an hour away to eat there... Otherwise the rest of the menu is kind of eh except for the cheese balls!

Quote Originally Posted by S&W_Guy View Post
    I have OC'ed in the Denny's in North Kansas City a good handful of times now with no problems.
    North Kansas City is a "No Go" for open carry...

Yeah, I missed that, NKC is actively hostile to OC...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim40Cal View Post
    North Kansas City is a "No Go" for open carry...

Yaa but the huddle House is not that good... Waffle house is though. Still Dennys was awesome... Come to think of it I have no idea if Waffle House is OC friendly or not...Might have to head down there sometime soon and find out. As for Alexs they do have good pizza but Papa Murphys is better..Plus their salads are amazing.

Waffle House is not gun friendly at all...they have yellow signs at the far end of the building (as far from the door as they can get, for some reason.) The signs do not carry the weight of law in every state, but it is now officially Awful Waffle policy.

http://alabamaopencarry.com/forum/in...p?topic=3492.0

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...-firearms.html

http://castlekeepdanes.com/depotblog/?p=1007

Pretty sure Ihop isn't 2A friendly either.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Waffle House is not gun friendly at all...they have yellow signs at the far end of the building (as far from the door as they can get, for some reason.) The signs do not carry the weight of law in every state, but it is now officially Awful Waffle policy.

http://alabamaopencarry.com/forum/in...p?topic=3492.0

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...-firearms.html

http://castlekeepdanes.com/depotblog/?p=1007

Pretty sure Ihop isn't 2A friendly either.
    The IHOP here is gun friendly, I go there all the time, I don't about Waffle(barfle) House I won't eat there~~disgusting greasy food.

The IHOP in Lees Summit is PRO 2nd amendment, I like that term better than GUN FRIENDLY. I go there quite abit and we have had several of our Open Carry monthly meeting there and never had ANY issues with the employees or others eating. I openly support those businesses that support my ability to defend myself and those in my care. Give them your busiess and let them know you appreciate them NOT infringing on your rights to bear arms.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim40Cal View Post
    I think we need to pay them a visit!!!

Denny’s restaurants, a diner chain famous for being open every hour of every day, earlier this month released a commercial titled “Greatness,” which asks what makes America great, only to answer with – among other things – the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
    Maybe this should be the July KCMO OC meeting venue. I haven't seen or heard about one yet, so maybe that's something you can get rolling.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -Nebo Protec Elite light/laser
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyingA380 View Post
    Maybe this should be the July KCMO OC meeting venue. I haven't seen or heard about one yet, so maybe that's something you can get rolling.
    Well, we usually meet the 2nd. Sat of the month. That would majke it the 14th. There is a Dennys in Raytown, lets say we meet there at our usual time of 5PM. How does that sound???? Hopefuly my brass will make it to this meeting.....
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Quote Originally Posted by peterarthur View Post
    Denny's on Blue Ridge Blvd in Raytown does not allow weapons. Maybe I should ask the manager about this...
    Any more information regarding this? It sounds like this may be where our July meeting is, but I don't wanna drive all the way out there for nothing.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.
    XD40 Service
    -Hogue Handall grip sleeve
    -TruGlo TFO night sights
    Olympic Arms K16-SST
    -16" stainless bull-barrel
    -Quad-rail forearm
    -Millet SP2 red-dot scope
    -Fore grip w/ bi-pod
    KelTec P11
    -Bone stock; Not much you can do to these little guys.
    No one can make a pencil...