• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denny's

Jim40Cal

I think we need to pay them a visit!!!

Denny’s restaurants, a diner chain famous for being open every hour of every day, earlier this month released a commercial titled “Greatness,” which asks what makes America great, only to answer with – among other things – the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

BionicRooster

I saw that commercial as well, and seemed a majority of the things they mentioned were 2A related.

The elderly woman says, "Our constitutional right to keep and bear arms," after his children do the Freedom of Speech spiel.

I too, even though I worked there as a teen, would be willing to pay them a visit, sober (as most times were LATE and drunk, pancake cravings ;o)

Best thing is we can go ANY time we want.

BOOMcat12B

This thread saddens me.... I spent MANY MANY hours in my local Dennys while I was in high school, drinking coffee throughout the night and BSing with friends. Then I go and join the army and leave my hometown for 4 years... I come home and the Dennys has been shut down and the building leveled... (apparently there were ALOT of health code violations so they were shut down...) But I still miss it and get sad when someone mentions Dennys...LOL

I have not seen this commercial but that is awesome that they are taking the stance that they are towards our rights..Thanks for the share...Just another reason to love Dennys...When i can go to one.:rolleyes:

Oramac

I'll have to check the one near my home. AFAIK it's 2A friendly, but I haven't been there in quite a while so I'm not sure.

Glad to hear the ad is running though.

Redbaron007

No Denny's by me. Have to go to Joplin or Branson for the closest; and Branson is not OC friendly. :(

Superlite27

Come on over to the Troy, MO Denny's.

Have OC'ed there on a regular basis and have never had a problem. Once had a woman complain vociferously to the manager about my OC 1911 so everyone in the place could hear her....

...manager kicked her out. People clapped.

Gawd, I love Denny's.

Oramac

Come on over to the Troy, MO Denny's.

Have OC'ed there on a regular basis and have never had a problem. Once had a woman complain vociferously to the manager about my OC 1911 so everyone in the place could hear her....

...manager kicked her out. People clapped.

Gawd, I love Denny's.

Dude, please tell me you have video of that! Wish I could have seen it.

wolfgangmob

Makes me sad, the Rolla Denny's closed up, problems with health code and staff not doing proper cleaning causing health code issues the owner just gave up before he started to lose money. Closest Denny's is Sullivan, about 40 miles away, only thing Rolla really has now is Huddle House and Waffle House.

WalkingWolf

Makes me sad, the Rolla Denny's closed up, problems with health code and staff not doing proper cleaning causing health code issues the owner just gave up before he started to lose money. Closest Denny's is Sullivan, about 40 miles away, only thing Rolla really has now is Huddle House and Waffle House.

LOL, we have always called the Waffle House here Barf House, maybe they are much better there.

kcgunfan

Don't complain, you still have Alex's...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

wolfgangmob

Don't complain, you still have Alex's...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

True, I like their pizza's but the price is kind of high and I grew up by a place that made their pizzas from scratch, dough was made up that day, sauce was actually made from scratch, all the cheese was real as was the meat, so real the meat lovers' pizza has to be specially boxed otherwise the grease will make the bottom fall out! That place had people drive from an hour away to eat there... Otherwise the rest of the menu is kind of eh except for the cheese balls!

BOOMcat12B

Yaa but the huddle House is not that good... Waffle house is though. Still Dennys was awesome... Come to think of it I have no idea if Waffle House is OC friendly or not...Might have to head down there sometime soon and find out. As for Alexs they do have good pizza but Papa Murphys is better..Plus their salads are amazing.

PistolPackingMomma

WalkingWolf

Waffle House is not gun friendly at all...they have yellow signs at the far end of the building (as far from the door as they can get, for some reason.) The signs do not carry the weight of law in every state, but it is now officially Awful Waffle policy.

http://alabamaopencarry.com/forum/index.php?topic=3492.0

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...86-local-waffle-house-posted-no-firearms.html

http://castlekeepdanes.com/depotblog/?p=1007

Pretty sure Ihop isn't 2A friendly either.

The IHOP here is gun friendly, I go there all the time, I don't about Waffle(barfle) House I won't eat there~~disgusting greasy food.