• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Massive Epic Thank you for the June 24th Range Day!!!!!

mobiushky

Rob, Supra1, kingofbattle, half_Life, and all the other non forum guys:

HUGE thanks. Seriously, above and beyond making my wife feel comfortable and letting her shoot around. She said you guys are all awesome and she can't thank you enough for doing this today. She got pretty wiped out by being out in the heat and sun, but she wanted to stay longer. She also said that she didn't feel intimidated or looked down on because of her lack of skill. But she loved getting to shoot a bunch of different "firearms." LOL@Rob, how much did you end up owing by the end of the day? LOL.

No kidding around, you guys were great and I would have loved to hang out all day. I got a bunch of pics, and a lot of video. Not sure there was anything compelling video wise, but we'll see. I'll organize a bit and try to post a few of the better pics in the coming days. (speaking of which, if any of you would prefer not to be shown by face, let me know with a PM.) I know the internet can be a bit too open, so I'm not offended by people not wanting to be seen. I tend to not like pics of myself on the web so I understand others who don't.

Really just can't thank you all enough for putting on this day. My wife couldn't stop talking about it on the way home. Well that is until she fell asleep! LOL!

She ended up decided that she just loved the Glock 26 the best, so she'll get that. But having said that, she would have questioned her self all the time if she didn't get to try something else. And BTW, I did not push her to the Glock! LOL! In fact I was pushing her to the M&P. And kingofbattle, she LOVED the XD! She was scared to death to shoot a 45, but ended up liking it a lot.

Bellum_Intus

You're very welcome!

You guys are welcome out anytime, just give me a few days notice =)

I am VERY happy to hear she was comfortable shooting out here.. My training style varies but I do try to make people feel comfortable and I am definately not one of those trainers who pushes anything beyond the basics on people.. It's nice that everyone out here were willing to assist and not be judgemental =)

I hope you all had a great time, it was a LOOONG day but I think we all had some good fun, very safe (THANK YOU) and better than a good day at work lol..

Last person just left, about 6:45 so we went for a bit after burning out about 5 ish.. AC was nice hah!
I think I owed about 5 bucks using the "W" word >.< .. gah I've got to get out of that Army habit =p

--Rob

PS.. I have a new respect for the Taurus, they have a horrible repution, but the one I fired out here had the best trigger I've seen in a while, resets were AMAZING.. suprised me.. :p

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

I am posting a bunch of pictures on my FB page.. I just realized there are no pics of me.. I was taking them all lmao!
And I didn't start taking until after mobi left =(

If you want, add me.. PM me and I'll send you the linkie to my page..

--Rob

Last edited:

Half Live

Yes, it was very awesome to meet all of you today. I had a very awesome day, one of the best I think I have ever had shooting.

Also, .357mag was awesome to shoot. Need to get me one now.

PFC HALE

I would love to make the next one you have set up, ill bring all my toys.

mobiushky

My wife will probably have to sit out any future range days if it's in the summer. It's just to rough on her right now. She told me I should go, but she'll stay. But maybe when the temps come down and she isn't in the sun so much she'll be able to. She's still recovering, but then Monday's are always the worst after he treatments.

Bellum_Intus

My wife will probably have to sit out any future range days if it's in the summer. It's just to rough on her right now. She told me I should go, but she'll stay. But maybe when the temps come down and she isn't in the sun so much she'll be able to. She's still recovering, but then Monday's are always the worst after he treatments.

That's why I'm going to wait until the fall for another big one like this.. was very hot!

Glad she's doing ok, and thank you SO MUCH for the kind words.. makes it all worth it =)

--Rob

1supra

Rob, Supra1, kingofbattle, half_Life, and all the other non forum guys:

HUGE thanks. Seriously, above and beyond making my wife feel comfortable and letting her shoot around. She said you guys are all awesome and she can't thank you enough for doing this today. She got pretty wiped out by being out in the heat and sun, but she wanted to stay longer. She also said that she didn't feel intimidated or looked down on because of her lack of skill. But she loved getting to shoot a bunch of different "firearms." LOL@Rob, how much did you end up owing by the end of the day? LOL.

No kidding around, you guys were great and I would have loved to hang out all day. I got a bunch of pics, and a lot of video. Not sure there was anything compelling video wise, but we'll see. I'll organize a bit and try to post a few of the better pics in the coming days. (speaking of which, if any of you would prefer not to be shown by face, let me know with a PM.) I know the internet can be a bit too open, so I'm not offended by people not wanting to be seen. I tend to not like pics of myself on the web so I understand others who don't.

Really just can't thank you all enough for putting on this day. My wife couldn't stop talking about it on the way home. Well that is until she fell asleep! LOL!

She ended up decided that she just loved the Glock 26 the best, so she'll get that. But having said that, she would have questioned her self all the time if she didn't get to try something else. And BTW, I did not push her to the Glock! LOL! In fact I was pushing her to the M&P. And kingofbattle, she LOVED the XD! She was scared to death to shoot a 45, but ended up liking it a lot.

Your very welcome. Glad she could shoot a variety of firearms, most people don't get to before they buy one. She looks like a natural!

You're very welcome!

You guys are welcome out anytime, just give me a few days notice =)

I am VERY happy to hear she was comfortable shooting out here.. My training style varies but I do try to make people feel comfortable and I am definately not one of those trainers who pushes anything beyond the basics on people.. It's nice that everyone out here were willing to assist and not be judgemental =)

I hope you all had a great time, it was a LOOONG day but I think we all had some good fun, very safe (THANK YOU) and better than a good day at work lol..

Last person just left, about 6:45 so we went for a bit after burning out about 5 ish.. AC was nice hah!
I think I owed about 5 bucks using the "W" word >.< .. gah I've got to get out of that Army habit =p

--Rob

PS.. I have a new respect for the Taurus, they have a horrible repution, but the one I fired out here had the best trigger I've seen in a while, resets were AMAZING.. suprised me.. :p

I'm always down to come out again. Thank you for the use of your range Rob. I think Taurus has brought themselves around quite well. But I love mine! Awesome trigger and extremely reliable.

I am posting a bunch of pictures on my FB page.. I just realized there are no pics of me.. I was taking them all lmao!
And I didn't start taking until after mobi left =(

If you want, add me.. PM me and I'll send you the linkie to my page..

--Rob

I'll add you. PM me with your link.

Also, thanks to Kingofbattle and the others for the letting me shoot your firearms!

mobiushky

She didn't really show it, but with our Glock she shoots a 6" grouping from 25'. So she's actually not a bad shot. She's still a little nervous about rapid shooting, but we'll work on that over time.

Bellum_Intus

She didn't really show it, but with our Glock she shoots a 6" grouping from 25'. So she's actually not a bad shot. She's still a little nervous about rapid shooting, but we'll work on that over time.

I could tell she was experienced, I was really just trying to relax her a bit =)

--Rob

PFC HALE

I will be planning another range day sometime in the Fall.. =)
The Fall one will likely be a bit better coordinated and we'll have overnight camping and a BBQ going !

--Rob

ill need 2 weeks to take time off but this would be awesome!

Bellum_Intus

I am missing one of my cordless phones.. the one I had out at the range..

DID I LEAVE A PHONE IN YOUR CAR / TRUCK? lol ..
Would be a black uniden cordless phone I think I put it in someones truck when we were moving to rifle range and since I'm getting old, I may have forgotten it.. haha..

Thanks =)

--Rob

Bellum_Intus

That sounds awesome.. I would like to be kept in the loop as well about the next upcoming meet. I have a couple
toys i can bring along with my buddy who has some as well..

Will do!

May be sometime later in the summer / close to fall when it's a tad cooler

--Rob